• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for AA or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, the choice is out there. 3 legacies that are making money, and growing stronger thanks to Consolidation...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Consolidation...is that deltish for bankruptcy?

Consolidation...is that deltish for bankruptcy?

For the big 3, it means huge profits and fortification. For you guys, it may mean belt tightening during your upcoming talks. You guys also used to be the King of LCCs, and now Spirit, Allegiant, and F9 are ULCCs. I think someone over there is getting fidgety.... Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Fear not! ALPA will send their ultimate JC van Damme like fighter called Duane W!

Yeah, and USAPA will come in and save the day!! They'll say "hey, we didn't sign on the dotted line, it's not binding!!"

Bye Bye---General Lee

Too bad the moderators won't just delete all off topic posts.

This thread would be 70% shorter and ten times more useful to the author who wanted to get opinions on jumping ship.

I wish you luck in your decision, polishing off the resume and interviewing isn't a bad idea, then make the tough choice when you have the option. And if you make 140k as a Swa of for twenty or 250k as a delta capt ten from now, ask yourself will it really make your life more enjoyable. If yes then do it. But I find the poor kids in Belize are happier than 95% of the rich kids in my neighborhood...I wonder why.

Too bad the moderators won't just delete all off topic posts.

This thread would be 70% shorter and ten times more useful to the author who wanted to get opinions on jumping ship.

I wish you luck in your decision, polishing off the resume and interviewing isn't a bad idea, then make the tough choice when you have the option. And if you make 140k as a Swa of for twenty or 250k as a delta capt ten from now, ask yourself will it really make your life more enjoyable. If yes then do it. But I find the poor kids in Belize are happier than 95% of the rich kids in my neighborhood...I wonder why.

This thread is for the original poster, and anyone else interested. Reading through these posts may not be entertaining to you, but small nuggets of information at a time may prove helpful to someone who has to make an important decision.

Btw, getting on at the beginning of a hiring wave is HUGE. It can be life changing, taking you away from the same old boring flying you are used to. Variety is the spice of life, and luckily pay at the big 3 are increasing due to huge profits and better contracts as of late. And each of the big 3 will lose approximately 5,000 pilots over the next decade to retirements, something SWA will not see. Younger AT pilots are being blended in with the SWA pilots and will finally take upgrades in 2015, and things will likely stagnate from there. Being in the bottom 3rd there will feel like being at a legacy over the past decade---very little movement.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Genny Lee,
How many posts did you have on Thanksgiving alone? 80? 90? Your family must be proud while you are on the computer all day during a Holiday.

Hey Genny Lee,
How many posts did you have on Thanksgiving alone? 80? 90? Your family must be proud while you are on the computer all day during a Holiday.

Really? You read 80 of my posts on Thanksgiving? So, you were on FI the same amount of time? Look in the mirror Jonny before you cast stones....

Also, it usually takes me less than a minute to respond to the multitude of dolts on this site. I highly doubt I had that many posts, but the max amount of time I spent would have been 30 minutes total, and then back to a FANTASTIC turkey with all the fixings..... Sooooo good! Bye Jonny!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Really? You read 80 of my posts on Thanksgiving? So, you were on FI the same amount of time? Look in the mirror Jonny before you cast stones....

Also, it usually takes me less than a minute to respond to the multitude of dolts on this site. I highly doubt I had that many posts, but the max amount of time I spent would have been 30 minutes, and then back to a FANTASTIC turkey with all the fixings..... Sooooo good! Bye Jonny!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I agree with you. However, you never have something new to post. It is the same thing over and over and over. If you cannot come up with something new please stay off so we can read new things.

Latest resources

Back