Lear 23 aerobatic routine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ill Mitch said:
Franklin was awesome. Anyone remember his Aerostar act?
I saw that aerostar act in FL back in the 80's I always wondered what happened to the show. I had no idea that was the guy. that was a cool act the all black aerostar and the black cape and all... pretty cool

Hoover flying the Sabre was great. He was so smooth. I remember seeing JF in the Aerostar way back when. That was a cool routine he had put together in that hotrod.

Sometime in the last 10 years I saw (1 time only at Oshkosh) a guy do a full, Hoover-esque routine in an old 55 Baron. Does anyone remember this? He was doing single engine rolls, etc. I think he may have flown some aerial stuff for tv & movies.

anyone have any clips of bobby younkin's Lear routine? I saw it once at sun-in-fun and i was blown away.

I attended ICAS the year Franklin rolled out his jet-powered Waco. What a show he put on with that thing. He was "old school" and a good guy...as most West Texans are. His dad was killed in a plane crash too. Very sad.

I've seen that jet powered Waco routine. The first time I saw it I couldn't stop laughing. It was like watching an airshow in fast forward.

That would be awsome! For some reason we had a Lr.24 and a 28 (yea, a 28) come through the airport yesterday and they both sounded so cool.

Latest resources

Back