Latest rumors about Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyWolf

Rumors has it that Midwest might be furloughing up to 100 pilots.

Also they wants pilots to give up some work rules and take a pay cut.

It sucks.

The "source" police will be posting shortly demanding where you got that information.

Chief pilot confirmed there are several meetings regarding reduced staffing and flying in the summer, he didn't confirm the number yet but as I stated (its rumors right now).

I thought the MidEx pilots were already working under a concessionary contract. Did their contract and work-rules snap back to pre-9/11.

And the "rumor" is a TWENTY FIVE PERCENT REDUCTION of the pilot group???

WOW....

Impressive rumor indeed!

Last edited:
When we got furloughed after 9/11 the number was 105 pilots if I remember correctly. So Midwest is not a stranger to 25% reduction in pilots group.

We are working under a concessionary contract, we didn't take a pay cut but we gave up some work rules like not getting paid for sick time unless it goes below a certain credit value and so on.

Now, they want pay cuts and more work rules cuts like not paying us for canceled flights.

Will wait and see, I am just about had it with this profession.

This is the next episode of "As the Cookie Crumbles."

So how many CRJs is Timmy going to bring online to pick up that slack? Will he brag about bringing more 2x2 planes to the fleet?

I hate to see this happen to a great bunch of people. I still believe that after the dust settles from this and "Skywayed, Part Deux" is up and running, all the non-crew employees at what remain of Midwest are going to be rehired with that all-ground branch of the company...at a lower wage.

Best of luck to all.

Good luck to you guys. Pay cuts from already too-low compensation is absurd. Hope the rumor turns out to be false.

There isn't a Midwest pilot I know that doesn't think they are on a sinking ship....and I know alot of them. There is no way they are turning anywhere near a profit operating all 50 seaters for Connect, 99 seat 717s, and gas guzzling MD80s. Biggest problem for those guys is there isn't going to be any jobs out there for them if this rumor is true. Keeping everything crossed that it isn't!

Good luck to you guys. Pay cuts from already too-low compensation is absurd. Hope the rumor turns out to be false.

Something has to be done, due to lack of leadership at Midwest over the last few years, the business plan is failing. It also doesn't help that their main hub is being invaded by an airline that can provide a much lower cost platform.

I doubt Midwest revenue environment in Milwaukee and Kansas City is going to be getting better anytime soon so the only thing left is to try trim on the cost side. The only problem is that fuel costs are way greater than labor costs and Airtran's aircraft are alot more fuel efficient per seat than Midwest's.

I'll take Leonard and Fornaro over Timmy H. any day of the week. At least, they had a plan that has worked reasonably well over the last 10 years.

Latest resources

Back