Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latest from Bob Neil (1 May):
Jun 4 class (20 pilots) not yet filled. 6 came off bypass to attend this class. 75 letters sent out to fill the remaining 14 slots, only 5 have accepted. Next batch of letters to go out within a few days to get the additional 9 slots filled (starting around #8050 up to ___?) This class will have no DEN assignments.

Any idea on equipment/domiciles for Jun 4? I pretty much assume it's IAD/ORD on the 320/300. Maybe a 76 out of SFO or LAX. Any info appreciated.

SCR

Latest from Bob Neil (1 May):
Jun 4 class (20 pilots) not yet filled. 6 came off bypass to attend this class. 75 letters sent out to fill the remaining 14 slots, only 5 have accepted. Next batch of letters to go out within a few days to get the additional 9 slots filled (starting around #8050 up to ___?) This class will have no DEN assignments.

WOWSERS! That's lower than I was expecting - a 6.7% last pass acceptance rate.
I just took a look at the 4/5/07 pilot roster; it looks like ~22 pilots were on bypass between 8050 and 8097 (last number in skynet from 13 April). What do you want to bet that they only get about 3 of the 9 needed? I bet that they get close to 7900 in order to fill the June class.
I wonder if they'll have a July class; they haven't had a July class since recalls began.

Slightly different subject - There was a post on the UAL MEC forum today that stated that newhire applications for United would be available in May or June with a 1 Oct target date for newhire process.

I'm right at about #7700 and was hoping I could wait until August or September.

Come on guys...start accepting the recalls!!!

GP

I'm right at about #7700 and was hoping I could wait until August or September.

Come on guys...start accepting the recalls!!!

GP

If you're 7699 (on bypass), you've got about 147 on bypass between you and 8097 (junior man as of 13 Apr). If the same percentages hold, that would get you recalled for the next class after June. Since we haven't had a July class since recalls started, you should be able to make it to August. It'll be close. Good luck to ya.

If you're 7699 (on bypass), you've got about 147 on bypass between you and 8097 (junior man as of 13 Apr). If the same percentages hold, that would get you recalled for the next class after June. Since we haven't had a July class since recalls started, you should be able to make it to August. It'll be close. Good luck to ya.

Andy...you're very close, but that's not me.

Gotta get my 1k PIC turbine before I go back!

GP

Andy...you're very close, but that's not me.

Gotta get my 1k PIC turbine before I go back!

GP

I only chose that number because it was closest to 7700 and on bypass. I manually counted those on bypass down to 7699 for your reference. It looks like you'll just barely escape the June class. Good luck.

Does anyone on here work in the new hire or training dept.? If so could you PM me. I have an (different) type of question that I can't seem to get answered. Thanks

Any latest numbers for the June class? Any word on a July class? Anyone have additional details about the newhire process? Things are starting to happen pretty fast it seems.

Hello,
Just curious if United will still be offering any "benefits" in the hiring process to former FLT OPS interns?
Myself: FLT OPS Intern WHQFS Fall 1998. TT 5600,PIC 4000(Jet 121), Line Check Airman.
Also, will the application be online or the old scantron (still have the one given to us interns with "INTERN" stamped on it, LOL)
Thank You

Latest resources

Back