• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think new hires will be on the way sooner than later. By the way we must stand up to these idiot pilots doing SR/JR manning. They are the modern day scab. Their names should be posted all over the crew rooms

By the way we must stand up to these idiot pilots doing SR/JR manning. They are the modern day scab. Their names should be posted all over the crew rooms

I'm in agreement, but you've got to get JR/SRM removed from the contract before you can crucify someone for it.

Whoa...

I think new hires will be on the way sooner than later. By the way we must stand up to these idiot pilots doing SR/JR manning. They are the modern day scab. Their names should be posted all over the crew rooms

Slow down there, some folks are having a hard time paying their bills and because of the big give back they are fighting anyway they can to keep the bank from taking the homestead. You do not know every persons situation, I personally know 4 folks that have lost houses due to not being able to keep with obligations they got into before the the 40 percent and equipment downgrade. Plus the end of an incredible run in real estate run up. These folks are not in any way scabs.

In addition the amount of divorces among UA pilots since 9/11 has been stagering.

So in conclusion keep your scab mentality on the back burner untill you know somebody's situation.

So much for the "unity".

It's like the game 'musical chairs'. When the music stops people race to get a seat and someone is left with nothing. Far be it for the entire crowd to decide as a whole not to play the game or demand that there be one more chair so EVERYONE can have a seat.

I was one of the 2172 left with nothing. Hope the others who've been whoring themselves out to pay for their toys know what they've done.

GP

PS: Back on the thread...what other classes have been announced for this year?

Slow down there, some folks are having a hard time paying their bills and because of the big give back they are fighting anyway they can to keep the bank from taking the homestead. You do not know every persons situation, I personally know 4 folks that have lost houses due to not being able to keep with obligations they got into before the the 40 percent and equipment downgrade. Plus the end of an incredible run in real estate run up. These folks are not in any way scabs.

In addition the amount of divorces among UA pilots since 9/11 has been stagering.

So in conclusion keep your scab mentality on the back burner untill you know somebody's situation.

No, they are not scabs and should not be referred to as scabs. That being said - IMHO what they have done/are doing is inexcusable. I too personally know several folks that have lost houses, etc. due to the 100% paycut which I also had the joy of experiencing. You think 40% is tough? Try keeping up with those obligations when the paychecks stop.

Every scab out there can give you a laundry list of reasons why they "had to" do what they did. I am sure that our "brothers" who have chosen to JRM/SRM can give you there own list of excuses as well. The fact of the matter remains that these folks have helped the company keep furloughees off the property even longer by doing something that we as a pilot group have overwhelmingly decided is wrong. I try to thank each one of them personally whenever I can. Scabs? No. Low class? Hell yes.

You won't see me doing JM/SM, but seeing as ALPA has sanctioned it as a valid practice, I won't hold it against someone who does it. I might try to dissuade them via a discussion. And maybe they'll convince me they have a good reason for that particular time/week.
But I'd sure prefer it if everyone wasn't just so ready to yell "Scab!" and "I hate you!" so quick. It doesn't help the situation; it makes it worse.
Let's simply listen to each person. If you still disagree, fine. And tell your LEC reps you'd like to see them do something about it.

Last edited:

We've ALL got our hard luck stories. Save that junk for someone who's lived a golden life. Most of us posting here are furloughees/ex-furloughees who have ZERO sympathy for those that whore themselves out while their brothers have been and are out on the street.

This is almost as stupid as your 104 rule posts. http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=92256
More flamebait?

I see a trend here

We've ALL got our hard luck stories. Save that junk for someone who's lived a golden life. Most of us posting here are furloughees/ex-furloughees who have ZERO sympathy for those that whore themselves out while their brothers have been and are out on the street.

Every time some one has even a slightly diferent opinion than you it has to be flamebait, so much so it has put you on the sideline a time or two.
If I remember your diatribe here, you originally rubbed it in your fellow furloughees face that you could imediately go back to some desk job in the military, while your fellow furloughees were wondering how they were going to eat.
Then when anybody even so much as mentioned the age 60 thing which we all know will happen soon ( but you want it when you are 59 and 11 months ) you go off on them. The legislation you call flaimbait was within hours of moving forward when folks put some light on it ( maybe even because it was posted in a bunch of places that day ) and slowed down the whole thing and managed to get it back into the NRPM process.
Then the last insult to your fellow furloughees is when you use the mil leave process to avoid doing the time in a job that simply does not pay enough anymore, hoping to go back when it finally gets fixed and from your perspective some more people retire, but you really did not need that in the short term bacause you used your status on mil leave to sharpshoot the system and grab a 767 seat while folks senior to you will maybe have to come back on narrow body pay because of training center problems. But that is ok because you got yours and now you have the unmitigated gall to call someone trapped in a pay hell that you have very selfishly avoided names and call for derision on there lives. How do you look in the mirror......

While I understand that JRM/SRM is contractually legal, you have got to realize that it is completely undercutting our leverage. This was the original reason for my yes vote on the TA, my lack of trust in these individuals to do the right thing. Their inability to cease self-serving interests horribly minimizes our leverage. It’s frustrating to see many do the right thing in declining big money and schedule improvements via JRM/SRM only to have HERO’S save the day. Simply stated, scheduling is using this as a manpower tool. Make no mistake; they NEED this tool for the summer flying. 300+ JRM/SRM events a month… ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?

Sure, it’s contractually legal. However, it would require big $$$ for ALPA to negotiate JRM/SRM out of the contract. Why waste resources on this when it is VOLUNTARY??? We can individually negotiate it out for FREE.

I really don’t care the excuse, and there is always one, STOP JRM/SRM NOW!!! Its disgusting, especially so given the statement we just made with the TA.

Rant over, not aimed at you.

Latest resources

Back