Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
already in email exchanges with her! :beer:

isn't the internet great?

Yeah it its. But not for gathering reliable, unbiased information. Especially on a forum like this. This chick at the PD probably thinks she's getting good, solid information, but she's actually getting one side of the story form the people who hate the company they work for. If she prints anything she gets from these sources, her journalistic integrity is in serious question.
But I guess that's what sells newspapers: Romantic, saucy bad news about bad things happening to local people. And the PD is not in business to reliably inform people, its in business to make money!

Yeah it its. But not for gathering reliable, unbiased information. Especially on a forum like this. This chick at the PD probably thinks she's getting good, solid information, but she's actually getting one side of the story form the people who hate the company they work for. If she prints anything she gets from these sources, her journalistic integrity is in serious question.
But I guess that's what sells newspapers: Romantic, saucy bad news about bad things happening to local people. And the PD is not in business to reliably inform people, its in business to make money!

I wrote here too and have been in correspondence. However, I wouldn't even think of referring a reporter to this website.

Last edited:
If she prints anything she gets from these sources, her journalistic integrity is in serious question.

I think it is awfully presumptive of you to assume that this reporter wouldn't fully vet her sources, even if the original source was FlightInfo.com.

I think it is awfully presumptive of you to assume that this reporter wouldn't fully vet her sources, even if the original source was FlightInfo.com.

Do you have to be a paying member to access this site and the info found within? If I recall, one cannot access the threads without an account. If so, what is her account name?

Do you have to be a paying member to access this site and the info found within? If I recall, one cannot access the threads without an account. If so, what is her account name?

The point is (and I'm typing slowly now so that Skanza can follow along) any reporter worth their salt wouldn't report on information gained from only one source - unless they were an eye witness. If she sees something here that piques her interest and thinks is worth reporting, she'll verify it elsewhere before it is reported in the media.

Or so the theory goes...

No, the internet is what you make of it. If the filter inside your brain is working, it is an amazing resource as well as providing access to the masses. It is the great equalizer.....often eliminating the middle men.

I provided her url's to industry associations and unions. I didn't mention flightinfo. As a matter of fact, I'll email her now and advise her against writing a report based on anything here.

The point is (and I'm typing slowly now so that Skanza can follow along) any reporter worth their salt wouldn't report on information gained from only one source - unless they were an eye witness. If she sees something here that piques her interest and thinks is worth reporting, she'll verify it elsewhere before it is reported in the media.

Or so the theory goes...

exactly!

I am sure there are a handful of folks that are reliable and can provide accurate and unbiased information on FO. People who have spent time in the rows and on the bridge know what the working conditions are like inside the OCC.

and the latest...

----- Original Message -----
To: All_PIC; All_SIC
Sent: Thu May 29 18:37:04 2008
Subject: This week's negotiations' summary

To all Flight Options Pilots,

Earlier today, the Company gave the Union a Comprehensive Economic Proposal that is designed to reach a contract in the very near future. This afternoon, we concluded our most recent negotiating session. The next meeting is scheduled in early June.

Best regards,

Bob

Latest resources

Back