Latest FLOPs FUD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyismyoffice

For those who have been unjustly FIRED I will post the latest and greatest emails to keep you in the loop.

----- Original Message -----
To: All_PIC; All_SIC
Sent: Tue May 27 210:32 2008
Subject: Decisions, Communications, and the Horizon

To all Flight Options Pilots,

Our goal is to deal with today’s difficult economic environment, build the Company toward Vision 2012, and enhance our products. We believe that by working together, we can achieve those goals. And you will share significantly in that success. It will not always be easy, but it will be worthwhile.

Let me state very plainly that last Friday’s decisions were necessary to preserve and protect the short-term existence and the long-term viability of our Company. We can no longer afford to carry people, functions, or facilities that are not essential to our operation. Any statement or implication otherwise is patently false.

PROACTIVE DECISIONS

We understand that some past decisions have been unpopular. What cannot be overlooked, however, is the fact that the Company could not have come this far without drastic changes. How many aviation companies have closed their doors or come close to shutting down recently? I ask because that situation could have been a very real possibility if the Company was not proactive in drastically reducing our workforce and operations to address decreased demand. Simply put, we did not want to be just one more aviation company that ended up parking its planes in the desert.

Judging by recent communications, the union seems to think they have a better idea of how to accomplish the required reductions, that reducing pilots by seniority would have made it more acceptable. While that approach may fit better in the union’s political view, it simply makes no sense as a solution to the current economic challenges; much deeper cuts would have been required by that model. The costs of retraining and lost productive time during the resulting redeployment made that option unviable.

UNION COMMUNICATIONS

With every interaction between the Company and the union, each party defines how it wishes to work together in the future. The continuing hostility from the union leadership and their advisors is troubling: first, because it is apparent that the union continues to choose an adversarial relationship, and second, because of some unreasonable accusations.

The union’s choice to be adversarial is unfortunate and we don't believe that’s the best way to go forward in the future. It seems the union’s goal is to generate hostility and rancor toward the Company, while we are focused on getting through these difficult times.

Please don’t get sidetracked by the union’s efforts to politicize every event. The pilots who were let go made up only one-third of last Friday’s reduction in force. That reduction also included corporate Directors’ positions, OCC staff, OSR representatives, IT and Safety staff, and the shutdown of regular maintenance activities at CGF. The corporate response to these economic issues was company-wide. Attempting to sow hatred of the Company by suggesting the pilots were singled out is counterproductive.

ON THE HORIZON AND BEYOND

You read. You listen to the news. You watch the financial talking heads on TV. A chorus of experts report the country is flying through light to moderate turbulence in the marketplace. We sized the Company to be able to weather this downturn in the economy. Perhaps, we will rebound more quickly if all we experience is light chop. Maybe it will take longer if we hit severe turbulence.

I’d like to close by saying that I am confident that we can get through this together. I’m confident in you and I’m confident in the Company’s ability to fly safely through the challenges ahead.

Best regards,

Bob

Well Bob...the other Frax have more than weathered the "moderate turbulence" that the talking heads have been reporting. Maybe we should shine the light on your managers? Watch the rats run from the light of day...

"How many aviation companies have closed their doors or come close to shutting down recently? "

How many fractionals have done that?

My company is growing, so are others. Good luck to all.

Hung

It surprises me how many of you guys can put up with this bull$hit. Bob seems way out of touch with reality. Plus, Bob needs to be reminded that this is a SERVICE BUSINESS in which customer service and customer interaction can profoundly impact the overall results. Treating front line employees with such disrespect and disdain is therefore suicidal.

If I were a FLOPS pilot (regardless of seniority), I'd be looking for other opportunities. There's a major cultural issue there - even if Scheringa is replaced the culture won't change too much. Working anywhere else with a comparable salary would be a breath of fresh air for you guys... Seriously consider it if you haven't already. That work environment is TOXIC.

"I ask because that situation could have been a very real possibility if the Company was not proactive in drastically reducing our workforce and operations to address decreased demand."

I thought the workers were let go due to a lack of productivity. Now you are telling me that it was due to a decreased demand.

Which is it????

They are changing their line because they basically stated they retaliated against employees who used their paid time off to care for their health or family health issues. That's a Federal no-no.

Latest resources

Back