• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue's new PEA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you mean? It specifically references being rehired by the last 121 carrier, it's parent, or subsidiary.

So, for example, if the pilot comes from American Eagle, spends six months at JetBlue, and leaves to go to Delta he should not be bound by the noncompete clause. Correct?

Yes, that I understand. I meant that it covers all "new applicants" and not just furloughs....my meaning of 'anyone'.

Non-competes are prevalent across industries. You are free to leave, however, if you sign a non-compete restricting you from working at a particular competitor and you quit and go to work there, you are in violation of the legal agreement and can be sued up the wazoo.

I think you are somewhat correct here, but only for those leaving high level management positions, definitely not labor. And in this industry specifically for pilots it is unprecedented.

I think you are somewhat correct here, but only for those leaving high level management positions, definitely not labor. And in this industry specifically for pilots it is unprecedented.

Nope-not just for those in management positions. It's also very prevalent for skilled labor positions. Although, have never heard of it used in the 121 world. Then again, there hasn't ever been quite the hiring boom storm on the horizon.

My application has been pulled and cancelled, i was willing to give Jetblue a shot but it just seems to get worse and worse. Get a union or some kind of representation then maybe i'll check them out again in the future.

My application has been pulled and cancelled, i was willing to give Jetblue a shot but it just seems to get worse and worse. Get a union or some kind of representation then maybe i'll check them out again in the future.

Wise move. This place is pretty pathetic. Hopefully a third election is around the corner.

It's a real shame because i know quite a few good guys over there and could be a really good place to work. I don't get it, wasn't Jetblue management just complaining about not being able to keep any pilots around in the near future.

Wise move. This place is pretty pathetic. Hopefully a third election is around the corner.

A third election is up to us. Send in a card. Tell your friends to send in a card. The only way this place will ever be a destination airline is if our pilots make it a destination airline. This POS PEA could be the best thing that ever happened to this pilot group as more eyes are opening and seeing what a sham the DR truly is.

Latest resources

Back