Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC has voted to give away flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is going from zero protection to a 10% limit not an improvement?

No. The documents will show not only the 10% domestic code share but add to that Jetblues ability to act as a holding company. This little nugget allows them to purchase another airline operating them independently.

Add to this the DRM which is the single most important issue yoder, scott, grasely and israel gave away. Without the ability to collectively bring a grievance every other issue is moot.

Last edited:

Says the battered wife...

"At least he used an open hand last night...."

Garbage on top of garbage is twice the garbage.

If codeshare brings in more pax that connect on the mainline, then who cares....especially if it makes the company more money. GMAFB.

No. The documents will show not only the 10% domestic code share but add to that Jetblues ability to act as a holding company. This little nugget allows them to purchase another airline operating them independently.

What again is stopping JB from setting up a holding company tomorrow? This document isn't allowing JB to do anything (that they can't do today), and is adding some limited protections for the JB pilots.

That said, it is a sad day for JB, as the company has for ever (last week to my face from a high level exc) said they have no interest in having anyone but JB pilots flying your tail and that is obviously bogus.

Unfortunally there is nothing were going to do about it if that's what mgmt wants. Those that think voting in ALPA will change that are idiots. (and i'm pro ALPA)

charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

Not when the limitation is a grant from Jetblue to the PVC which can be revoked at anytime.

The PVC is created and granted certain rights from JetBlue and are recorded in the Values Committee Charter. Charters are unenforceable and can be revoked by the grantor at anytime and for any reason.

A Charter is not a CBA.

The Scope agreement is between the Company and the PVC which is granted its right to exist though a charter.

This work around is not enforceable.

It is a ruse and you are are falling for it.

Last edited:
Almost there. Patience!! I would say if I am a betting man that the vote will be triggered within the next 30 days if not much sooner.

I wouldn't try this next move without a union contract in place, but IF ALPA passes...

Could you try to negotiate an agreement whereby any codeshare/outsourcing will be flown by pilots on the JetBlue seniority list. Doesn't mean you need to set up your own turbo-prop operation, as that would be very expensive. But if Cape Air (for example) wants to provide feed to JetBlue in the Caribbean, have JetBlue hire the pilots, put them on the master seniority list, and let them operate those 402s or ATRs, with some sort of seat lock to keep training costs down. No whipsaw, and JetBlue gets their feed.

Latest resources

Back