Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC has voted to give away flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hypothetically, if this is true and if the pilots vote "No" on it, will the Company honor the vote?.

I wish I knew... I would just have to assume that the company doesn't give a steaming pooo what this pilot group thinks and they are giong to go forward with whatever it is they have planned on doing.

Has Management done or not done something based on a vote of the pilots in the past?.

FSM...

If the vote is a resounding "No" (or even if it's a close "No") and they proceed anyway, do you have any recourse?.
nope

Prior to getting the Bus here at F9, Flt Ops Management polled the pilots on whether we wanted "cross hair" or "v-bar" flight directors. We responded 80% in favor of the V-bars, then got a memo that the Company was going with cross hair F/D's because they were cheaper. It would have been better to have never asked in the first place....

Not that it was an issue as important as this.

Seen this, they make rules change them, break them. Delay, stall, don't show to meetings... the list goes on. They are the perfect managment, they have the work force snowed. The days of Neelmans employee first has come and gone. Lets read the documents!

Last edited:
Here is a crazy idea? This is the type of crap I'm talking about. Screw you, and the horse you rode in on. I'll call them if I had their number but I don't. Just like I don't think you have thier number. You can say it as fact, but until we all see the documents I'm not going to speculate as to what they say. You may be right, but they haven't been published yet and until they are, you are just speculating. Take your inside info. and use it how you like, but I will react when they are published as what is officially proposed.

go to your happy place angry man.

Let me ask a few questions as a Newbie.

What Scope protection do we have right now? The way I understand it is we have none.

If ALPA is voted in is it true that all pay, benefits, etc freeze right where they are until a CBA is signed?

In the current environment I think 2-3 years to get a CBA isn't out of the question, so if I'm correct about pay and benefits everything is frozen for that time frame.

Now, back to scope if ALPA is voted in and everything is frozen the way I understand it we would have NO scope protection until a CBA is reached. So hypothetically the company could outsource as much flying as they want. But, if the new scope agreement is passed then 90% of our flying is protected and that number is frozen during CBA negotiations barring the company from giving flying away as a negotiation ploy. This is exactly what happened at Mesa airlines with Freedom. Alpa had no scope and while they were in negotiations management just started shifting flying to freedom so they could gain more negotiating capital.

Again just trying to get a grasp on the situation, perhaps some of my assumptions are wrong or I've gotten some bad info.

thanks

Not correct.

Status quo applies to CBAs. We can argue anti union animus but that is a long shot.

Pay attention to the road shows. You will find that if the PVC goes away so does your so called scope protections.

Good luck.

Here is a crazy idea? This is the type of crap I'm talking about. Screw you, and the horse you rode in on. I'll call them if I had their number but I don't. Just like I don't think you have thier number. You can say it as fact, but until we all see the documents I'm not going to speculate as to what they say. You may be right, but they haven't been published yet and until they are, you are just speculating. Take your inside info. and use it how you like, but I will react when they are published as what is officially proposed.

And then you lose the moral high ground with your crazed over-reaction to this post. What were you advocating again? A "professional" approach?

After the verbal "handshake" the PVC should have the "documents" by the 18th for distribution to the pilots by months end. This per the PVC this morning.

Latest resources

Back