• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JC Resigns Comair MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What, was JC supposed to wave his mighty arm of power and magically make Delta give in on scope? It would seem that after 3 months of striking, Delta made it clear that they would shut Comair down permanently before they gave any meaningful scope to the OH guys. No matter; the argument is pointless. In fact, for a Delta pilot, of all people, to lecture anyone else on money vs scope is amusing. Do you guys ever negotiate any contracts where you don't give up more seats on the RJ's? :p

Oh yeah, the NEXT ONE. Thank you---have a good night everyone, and tip your waitress.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just the threat of losing the pensions scared 2300 captains into retirement. Those 2300 guys will not fly to age 65 at Delta. Now I can almost hold 737-800 Captain. Not bad!(everything I said here is true)

Bye Bye--General Lee

I have my doubts if you could even pass a Captains checkride there motormouth.

General Lee = Major league idiot

A shame. I always disagreed with the way he handled the DAL furlough situation, but he was a great rep overall, and he worked harder at representing regional members than just about anyone else. I hope the CMR members thank him for his long service.

He pissed off the ASA MEC when Comair took concessions. ASA was working on a new contract and the Comair and ASA MEC's were pretty tight. Then Comair agreed to concessions and ASA felt betrayed.
:mad:

He pissed off the ASA MEC when Comair took concessions. ASA was working on a new contract and the Comair and ASA MEC's were pretty tight. Then Comair agreed to concessions and ASA felt betrayed.

:mad:
Anyone that felt betrayed because of concessions that were forced on CMR pilots in bankruptcy is a twit. The pilots had no right to strike or carry out any other job action, so they had no choice but accept the concessions that the judge was going to force down their throat. Don't blame the CMR MEC for bad bankruptcy laws.

Anyone that felt betrayed because of concessions that were forced on CMR pilots in bankruptcy is a twit. The pilots had no right to strike or carry out any other job action, so they had no choice but accept the concessions that the judge was going to force down their throat. Don't blame the CMR MEC for bad bankruptcy laws.

He's not talking about the bankruptcy concessions. Everybody expected those, and if they blame Comair for that, they're idiots.

What he's talking about is the first round of concessions they gave in exchange for growth. Comair pilots gave up two years of longevity I believe in order to get new airplanes. Comair had no logical reason to give anything other than their desire for the shiny E-170, which of course they never got but gave the company money anyway.

The funny part was that this all went down right after JC and the CMR MEC mailed a letter to all ASA pilots with a sticker saying that "CMR pilots support ASA pilots." There were a lot of creative things done with those stickers after word of their concessions got around.

The ASA pilot group didn't get serious about pursuing a new contract until four months ago. The actions taken by that pilot group four months ago should have been taken three or four years ago.

As ASA failed to secure reasonable gains anytime between 2001 and 2006, their failure placed additional pressure on the Comair pilot group to take even larger concessions during bankruptcy.

Don't think for a minute that ASA's payrates weren't part of the presentation given the bankruptcy judge as Comair management paraded every other low-priced connection carrier in front of the courtroom. The ASA pilot group's failure to secure reasonable gains prior to late 2006 is a factor in the ultimate outcome at Comair.

Even with the concessions the Comair pilot group took in 2006, in a failed attempt to reduce the possibility of bankruptcy, they were still paid at rates higher than ASA pilots. There was no undercutting of pay or benefits by the Comair pilot group prior to bankruptcy.

If one needs to assuage their inability to negotiate improvements in their contract for over five years, then certainly one can look outside their pilot group and find a "reason" for their failure.

Blaming another pilot group for failures at the negotiating table is not constructive, nor mature. The simple truth is that the industry as a whole has not been healthy for many years...and may never again be healthy, given the trend in demand for energy worldwide.

One would be better served looking outside the industry for earning options, in my opinion.

What he's talking about is the first round of concessions they gave in exchange for growth.
I agree that those concessions were a mistake, but remember, they never actually happened. They were linked to the FA concessions that didn't come to fruition, so the pilot concessions never came to be. The MEC did a much better job in handling the next round of concessionary negotiations.

I have my doubts if you could even pass a Captains checkride there motormouth.

General Lee = Major league idiot

Wow, we were typed in the left seat for the 757/767. You are wrong. Next. Also, I was an E120 Capt at Midway Connection years back. Again, you are wrong. Keep tryin though!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I agree that those concessions were a mistake, but remember, they never actually happened. They were linked to the FA concessions that didn't come to fruition, so the pilot concessions never came to be. The MEC did a much better job in handling the next round of concessionary negotiations.

Comair voted in a 2 year pay freeze in I think in Febuary of 2005. The Bk contract already restored 1 of those years and the 2nd year will be restored in 2011.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back