• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JC Resigns Comair MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General, I understand your attack since JC really did screw over the DAL furloughees. I disagreed vehemently with his actions on that. However, you're speaking of someone that you've probably never met. Do you know JC Lawson? Have you talked to him? Do you know what work he's done over the years? I worked alongside JC on many occasions, and I found him to be an excellent advocate for the membership. He screwed up, but so does everyone else, and I don't condemn him because of one failing.

No, never met him. But, one action can ruin a man and his reputation. Being the leader of anything can cause alot of scrutiny, but when making a decision that can affect a group in a bad way, it had better be the right decision. Ask Jack Stephans from USAir. He screwed his group too, and will always be remembered for his krappy decisions. JC Lawson made some bad calls, and he will be remembered for those.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

His "need for greed" in getting the highest pay for regionals netted us a $1 billion loss at mainline

So how much did it cost Mother Delta for the Delta pilots to be the highest paid? By your philosophy you drove your own company into bankruptcy.

So how much did it cost Mother Delta for the Delta pilots to be the highest paid? By your philosophy you drove your own company into bankruptcy.

Touche!!!!
Actually, an American Pilot that was in the leadership at APA, told me that had Delta Pilots taken concessions a year earlier, they could have saved their pensions like the American Pilots did.

I guess the General lives in a Glass House!

BAH, Bye!!!

His "need for greed" in getting the highest pay for regionals netted us a $1 billion loss at mainline, a mainline management wanting payback eventually (now), and very little SCOPE that has now come back to haunt them.

Delta pilots being highest paid = preserving the profession

Comair pilots being highest paid = "need for greed"

If only Comair pilots had been willing to settle for less, Delta pilots could have been paid even more. The rapaciousness of those greedy OH pilots!

A shame. I always disagreed with the way he handled the DAL furlough situation, but he was a great rep overall, and he worked harder at representing regional members than just about anyone else. I hope the CMR members thank him for his long service.

No he wasn't. I had no idea how bad the union leadership was at Comair until I left there. My current union leadership is wonderful.

The $1 billion loss was from the failed strike, not from their pay rates. It cost us a billion to get through the 90 day strike, and then retrain everyone and get things going again. Our pay rates were fixed costs, and you seem to forget that our management made a $2 billion stock buy back 2 weeks prior to 9-11 (it might have helped their options according to Judge Prudence in the BK hearings), which was subsequently flushed down the toilet after 9-11 and the stock market plunge. But, you knew all about that right? Right? You really have no idea what you are talking about, right? Right. We could have paid off debt with that money, or we could have held off BK for 2 more years and weathered the storm. But no, we were $2 billion in the hole two months after 9-11. You need to read up on your Delta history before blaming the Delta pilots for the BK again.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Delta pilots being highest paid = preserving the profession

Comair pilots being highest paid = "need for greed"

If only Comair pilots had been willing to settle for less, Delta pilots could have been paid even more. The rapaciousness of those greedy OH pilots!

You focused on one thing, and that was the money, without even thinking that someone else could "invade" your backyard. Nobody would do that to you, right? WRONG. You had absolutely NO scope when everyone else starting moving in on your territory. And, you didn't even get what you were asking for. JC Lawson was greedy when he ONLY went for the money. From the words of that rap song: "OH WHY DO I FEEL THIS WAY? IT MUST BE THE MONEY..."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Touche!!!!
Actually, an American Pilot that was in the leadership at APA, told me that had Delta Pilots taken concessions a year earlier, they could have saved their pensions like the American Pilots did.

I guess the General lives in a Glass House!

BAH, Bye!!!

Just the threat of losing the pensions scared 2300 captains into retirement. Those 2300 guys will not fly to age 65 at Delta. Now I can almost hold 737-800 Captain. Not bad!(everything I said here is true)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
You focused on one thing, and that was the money, without even thinking that someone else could "invade" your backyard. Nobody would do that to you, right? WRONG. You had absolutely NO scope when everyone else starting moving in on your territory. And, you didn't even get what you were asking for. JC Lawson was greedy when he ONLY went for the money. From the words of that rap song: "OH WHY DO I FEEL THIS WAY? IT MUST BE THE MONEY..."

Bye Bye--General Lee
What, was JC supposed to wave his mighty arm of power and magically make Delta give in on scope? It would seem that after 3 months of striking, Delta made it clear that they would shut Comair down permanently before they gave any meaningful scope to the OH guys. No matter; the argument is pointless. In fact, for a Delta pilot, of all people, to lecture anyone else on money vs scope is amusing. Do you guys ever negotiate any contracts where you don't give up more seats on the RJ's? :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back