• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Time for a Minimum Wage for Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't support it. Just threw it out there for discussion.

$50,000 a year for FOs minimum? Well, that would work to get more people interested in the industry. Of course, it would put many regionals out of business as well, or it would result in captain pay being MUCH less.

Choose your poison. :)

Well I'll say this.

A lot of airlines are apparently going to start hiring this spring. People are frothing at the mouth just to get an interview...I would say as long as they have 10,000 resumes to fill 100 positions...wages will not come up ANY time soon.

-Just my thoughts though...

Well I'll say this.

A lot of airlines are apparently going to start hiring this spring. People are frothing at the mouth just to get an interview...I would say as long as they have 10,000 resumes to fill 100 positions...wages will not come up ANY time soon.

-Just my thoughts though...

Winner!!!!!!

Is supply and demand a concept familiar to anyone?

If one person does not want to fly for those wages, a few thousand bright-eyed kids who are subsidised by their parents, or are chomping at the bit to stop flight instruction will gladly step up to "pay their dues". Nothing will change this.

Winner!!!!!!

If one person does not want to fly for those wages, a few thousand bright-eyed kids who are subsidised by their parents, or are chomping at the bit to stop flight instruction will gladly step up to "pay their dues". Nothing will change this.

Apparently this is a new concept for some of our fellow pilots. I always get a good chuckle reading these threads, I love reading what some of these geniuses come up with. :laugh:

Winner!!!!!!

If one person does not want to fly for those wages, a few thousand bright-eyed kids who are subsidized by their parents, or are chomping at the bit to stop flight instruction will gladly step up to "pay their dues". Nothing will change this.

Wrong. A law can change this. Which is why laws are created in the first place, to correct something unpleasant that occurs naturally.

You 'free marketeers' sound more and more like anarchists everyday.

The regional airlines can not afford it, be thankfull you are getting experience for a possible chance to move on later in your career.

Apparently this is a new concept for some of our fellow pilots. I always get a good chuckle reading these threads, I love reading what some of these geniuses come up with. :laugh:

Absolutely, and also I have never seen such a sense of entitlement and zero desire to work hard to get there.... " I deserve it, because I am standing in this line, I do not need to do anything more than expected of me"( all this with the bottom lip hanging out) .... anyone work hard for anything and get a job/position based on merit? No wonder we are in such bad shape...... bunch of whiners and cry babies.

Well, there is one good result, it sure makes it easy to stand out above the rest in a very competetive industry! Thanks!

The regional airlines can not afford it, be thankfull you are getting experience for a possible chance to move on later in your career.
One minute you scorn those who are taking these worthless jobs in this supposedly unstoppable race to the bottom, the next minute you tell us all we should be happy for the scraps that we have. So which is it?? Oh wait... I know!

You're an idiot. Between your typos and your ridiculous ideas, anything you post is completely discredited the moment you press "submit."

Love it.... this is TOOOOOOOOO Eazy! Like shootin' fish in a barrel!

Latest resources

Back