• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Time for a Minimum Wage for Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would have to say, (acting like a ALPA person) "what has ALPA done for me lately?"..please name 1 thing ALPO has done in the past 5 years that has benifited any pilot group it has represented?....

please state the name of the "airline" and the "benefit" it has gotten by being represented by ALPO...bet you can't name anything..

I would have to say, (acting like a ALPA person) "what has ALPA done for me lately?"..please name 1 thing ALPO has done in the past 5 years that has benifited any pilot group it has represented?....

please state the name of the "airline" and the "benefit" it has gotten by being represented by ALPO...bet you can't name anything..

I was doing some reading on that Boeing 787. Turns out ALPA really does have a hand/voice in creating that airplane.
Now it's clear as to why the airplane is so behind schedule and may never be put into production.

edit your post and I will....

Winner!!!!!!

Is supply and demand a concept familiar to anyone?

If one person does not want to fly for those wages, a few thousand bright-eyed kids who are subsidised by their parents, or are chomping at the bit to stop flight instruction will gladly step up to "pay their dues". Nothing will change this.

Oh geez, another supply and demand zealot. Well back in 2008 when regionals stopped hiring due to the cutbacks as a result of oil prices, most airlines were down to 300 total and 50 ME from where they usually start at which is 1500/500. And during these times when the regionals had to drop mins to the level of a freshly minted commercial pilot, both ASA and Mesa signed contracts. The lack of supply during a time of great demand didn't help those POS contracts did they?
Pay should be based on the job you do. It should be commiserate with the competence, level of performance and professionalism demanded. Not something as arbitrary as supply and demand. Pilots aren't widgets. We are people who do a very important job in which a whole lot is expected of them, not to mention the difficult lifestyle.

Latest resources

Back