It's Official...The 717's are going to Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's not what the SIA says.

On 1/1/15, only the pilots who are senior enough to hold 737 CA per the global seniority list can upgrade. With known attrition from age 65 retirements at AAI (not including medical out and other issues), there's 373 pilots who can hold 737 CA on 1/1/15. 36 aircraft is approximately 250 or so CA's, so approximately 120 pilots will be F/O's waiting to upgrade first on 1/1/15.

The other 200+ AirTran 737 CA's who WERE going to be 717 CA's at Southwest are now going to be F/O's for many years to come.

That said, can we NOT get into a pissing match with each other about this? It wasn't the SWA pilots who decided to sell/sublease the 717's after the entire SLI was crafted around them and the protections for their pilots... taking it out on each other doesn't help.

373 is JAN 2001 new hire for those scratching their heads. I hope the next airline SWA buys doesn't get as dorked up as this. It's like SWA wants us to be like USAir.

Then don't go to Sw apply to fed ex, delta hiring first quarter, emirates what's the problem!!

And miss making your life miserable? Never! This isn't about finding new work or attacking my future captains. It's about SWA not being honorable, EVER! From the process agreement to the AIP. This is all of our futures. I don't have a single beef with a SWA pilot. Not even Kool Aid drunk, brainwashed Waveflyer. SWA simply needs to get their crap together. I would be probably be just as annoyed if I were in your shoes. SWA just officially made this harder than it should have been.

I'll explain that 9 percent 401 k and profit sharing to him! seriously quit whining or go somewhere you will be happy your kid will be better off with a happy father

Just incase anybody is unclear..

THIS IS ALL LEAR70's FAULT....He is a very very bad man "said with an accent"

Latest resources

Back