• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official...The 717's are going to Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
might have just a WEE bit of something to do with morale?

Trust me, there's plenty of morale issues on our side of the house with this merger. Contrary to that moronic letter your MEC sent out yesterday, Southwest pilots are "shouldering the burden" just as much, if not more, than AirTran pilots. It's not "exclusive." Getting a little tired of the AirTran pity party.

Just sayin.

There's really not much in this TA for the senior guys. Pay raise is minimal, only 1% increase to the DC. Most of the benefit is to reserve guys and guys that might be able to upgrade to the left seat of a 717.

"Time value of money"

It also gets us up to SWA rates when DC factored in. Senior guys don't care as much about scope though. Which is what the company really wants from us.

Hi I am an airline pilot, I am a pawn that is easily sacrificed in battle for strategic purposes. For the most part being a SWA pilot is good on the 5th and the 20th, when I overlook the fact I am also a pawn to our management. The leadership of the company has a vision, unfortunately it doesn't always help if you actually want to know what the hell is going on the back row.

Trust me, there's plenty of morale issues on our side of the house with this merger. Contrary to that moronic letter your MEC sent out yesterday, Southwest pilots are "shouldering the burden" just as much, if not more, than AirTran pilots. It's not "exclusive." Getting a little tired of the AirTran pity party.

Just sayin.

Unbelievable.

Just sayin.

When you lose 32% seniority, your seat,base, and take a 15% pay cut come talk to me. By the way is it pronounced Dumas.

Just sayin.
And what morale issues would those be? That the entire ATN pilot group wasn't stapled to the bottom of your seniority list?

Do indulge us about how much "harm" you've had and I guarantee you that the ATN pilots can top you 10-fold.

And what morale issues would those be? That the entire ATN pilot group wasn't stapled to the bottom of your seniority list?

Do indulge us about how much "harm" you've had and I guarantee you that the ATN pilots can top you 10-fold.
No, just that the 717 pilots should have stayed in the 717 till end of lease if they where senior. So now we have 6-700 senior AT guys to take a 737 captain slot starting 2015 instead of 250.

No, just that the 717 pilots should have stayed in the 717 till end of lease if they where senior. So now we have 6-700 senior AT guys to take a 737 captain slot starting 2015 instead of 250.
That's not what the SIA says.

On 1/1/15, only the pilots who are senior enough to hold 737 CA per the global seniority list can upgrade. With known attrition from age 65 retirements at AAI (not including medical out and other issues), there's 373 pilots who can hold 737 CA on 1/1/15. 36 aircraft is approximately 250 or so CA's, so approximately 120 pilots will be F/O's waiting to upgrade first on 1/1/15.

The other 200+ AirTran 737 CA's who WERE going to be 717 CA's at Southwest are now going to be F/O's for many years to come.

That said, can we NOT get into a pissing match with each other about this? It wasn't the SWA pilots who decided to sell/sublease the 717's after the entire SLI was crafted around them and the protections for their pilots... taking it out on each other doesn't help.

Last edited:
Just wondering,I thought I read where southwest will get some or all of delta's 737-700's.I believe that delta has 10 737-700's. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back