• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is XO really hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is not just about "cheaper". XOJet (and I have seen many of the numbers) is a much more efficient operation than NetJets. A good part of it is that XOJet (1) has pricing flexibility and (2) has flight flexiblity, 2 items that NetJets and the other fracs do not have. XOJet only flies flights it deems profitable (or charges much more for less profitable flight). And except for a very few customers at the highest level, XOJet does not guarantee that it will handle any flight any time (like the fracs). So it can price accordingly. The frac model needs to spread the extra costs of the inefficient flights onto the longer profitable flights. XOJet does not need to do that. Except for someone who flies rarely, XOJet is not a pure substitute for a fractional share -- however, it is a substitute for part of a shares. Many people I know have cut their NJA hours in half -- they fly 50% (mainly ling flights on XOJet for about 1/2 the NJA cost), and then use their smaller fractional share for shorter flights and when they absolutely have to be there and XOJet cant handle the flight in a cost effective manner.

NETJETS.....When you absolutely HAVE to be there.

Let me rephrase that -- when you actually have to schedule a flight. When you get there is another issue.

NJAowner, and it seems many of his friends, have figured out how to game the system and bypass the inefficiencies. The reality is some owners at Netjets are getting great deals because their short and remote flying is subsidized by those owners who use their shares for longer more profitable routes. The flip side is the poor bastards who fly mainly cost to cost with Netjets are getting ripped off. As more owners figure it out, NJA will be stuck with all the high cost undesirable legs while other operators cherry pick the more profitable flights.

Don't hate the playa; hate the game...

X-Rated --- BINGO! you hit the nail on the head -- or as they like to post on this website -- winner winner chicken dinner.

I do not know of anyone who has given up all their frax shares for XOJet -- just downsized the share. In my opinion, XOJet is the first charter operator to bring frax safety and service levels to the market on a wide scale basis.

Screw Net Jets...screw em all! I hope XO and everyone else hires these great people that need good and viable employment. I'm a Frac guy.... No ********************e. As pilots, all we should focus on is where we make our living. There will always be competition. I wish everyone the best.

Personally I hope the companies that pay the best are the ones doing the hiring, but that's just me.

It will be interesting to see how the upcoming major airline hiring boom effects the fractional industry. With a projected 2-3 thousand pilots expected to retire from the majors, starting this year and running through 2035, we are sure to see a significant reshuffling of pilots throughly the industry.

Factor in the 1500hr rule and experienced pilots will be in demand. The majors will not be able to get away with the, "just be quiet and don't touch anything son", approach to co-pilot training they employed during the last hiring boom in the 60's. And the Fracs can't really get away with hiring low time pilots.

So I think experienced pilots will be a commodity. Where will they chose to work? The majors and also good corporate jobs (few and far between), will attract a lot of these pilots. That leaves the frac companies that have unions to gobble up most of the rest.

Why? Because, simply put, the work rules and job protections contained in a cba have great value. This is also one of the reasons the majors are at the top of a lot of pilots lists.

Question for Flops and NJ guys. Can you ever imagine going back to work for a large non-union company?

Question for NJOwner. Is XO going to seem like an attractive place to be if all its pilots are 20 something?

I was hired into the pool at XO Jet last May.... Am currently #4 of 12... Still waiting for a class date. So i would say they are not currently hiring.

I was hired into the pool at XO Jet last May.... Am currently #4 of 12... Still waiting for a class date. So i would say they are not currently hiring.

At last an answer. Thanks

Latest resources

Back