• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is XO really hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CE750Driver -- none of my complaints have ever dealt with weather or mechanical issues or any issues other than NJA did not want to deliver a plane at the specified time --it was "more economically efficient for them to provide me with my contractual credit rather than provide the flight at the requested time". Those are NJA's words, not mine. I have been around long enough to understand delays caused by weather, mechanical issues, pilot fatigue, etc. Things happen - I understand. But now it seems someone makes a determination of the cost to get a tight flight to happen versus delay it a few hours and let an aircraft and crew who will be there later handle it. That is what upsets me -- when my contractual call out time is something the company just sort-of tries to meet. Many years ago it seemed liked all the "stops were pulled out" to get me a plane when I needed it -- even if it meant upgrading an Excel to a Falcon 2000. That does not happen much anymore.

Keeping my smaller share is strictly an economic issue -- it was underflow for a while (purposely) and if I terminate I do not get a credit for the underflown hours.

Then as soon as you fly your hours, we look forward to seeing you as XOowner. You may think Nejets doesn't do enough to cover your flights anymore. But I think you will find no one else in the industry can do it better. I wish you luck finding that out.

Tough times and it is sad to see what has happened to our industry.

We all have to dig in and do the best we can and make private aviation better and take care of the people who pay our salaries...the client. The funk we are in is bad for everyone.

CE750Driver -- none of my complaints have ever dealt with weather or mechanical issues or any issues other than NJA did not want to deliver a plane at the specified time --it was "more economically efficient for them to provide me with my contractual credit rather than provide the flight at the requested time". Those are NJA's words, not mine. I have been around long enough to understand delays caused by weather, mechanical issues, pilot fatigue, etc. Things happen - I understand. But now it seems someone makes a determination of the cost to get a tight flight to happen versus delay it a few hours and let an aircraft and crew who will be there later handle it. That is what upsets me -- when my contractual call out time is something the company just sort-of tries to meet. Many years ago it seemed liked all the "stops were pulled out" to get me a plane when I needed it -- even if it meant upgrading an Excel to a Falcon 2000. That does not happen much anymore.

Keeping my smaller share is strictly an economic issue -- it was underflow for a while (purposely) and if I terminate I do not get a credit for the underflown hours.

Sorry to hear that. This is not a good way to meet owner expectations.

Tough times and it is sad to see what has happened to our industry.

We all have to dig in and do the best we can and make private aviation better and take care of the people who pay our salaries...the client. The funk we are in is bad for everyone.

I think all the providers are figuring out what Cessna figured out. Fractional in the form it has evolved to is, for lack of a better description,"a Ponzi scheme". The quarter shares concept NJ invented probably was the most viable. Once you start splitting aircraft into 16 and more shares, the overhead required to deliver on the guarantees is overwhelming. NJ is probably best suited to deliver with its scale, the others cannot, unless they charge ridiculous prices or lose ridiculous sums of money.

I think all the providers are figuring out what Cessna figured out.

The only thing Cessna figured out was how to sell a bunch of airplanes to NJ in exchange for a fractional/jetcard non compete clause.

Even as the industry diversifies fractional still remains its most profitable component.

Hey JJ -- I was worried about you. Haven't taken shots at me in a while. Glad to know you are alive and ok.

Latest resources

Back