• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is XO really hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i sure wouldnt look at price if buying a frac share. id want the most expensive. you get what you pay for. Why do wealthy people buy a $100,000 rolls royce when a Chrysler 300 does the same job?

Good thing you'll never have that problem. Have fun shopping for dentucream at Walmart

It has nothing to do with better service, better sales people, etc... XoJet is cheaper, that's all there is to it.

I flew with a pilot, his daughter works for Netjets as a sales rep. She told him "Dad I can't compete with Xojet, they're so much cheaper". She says she lost 5 perspective clients to them in November.

Maybe she needs bigger boobs!

i sure wouldnt look at price if buying a frac share. id want the most expensive. you get what you pay for. Why do wealthy people buy a $100,000 rolls royce when a Chrysler 300 does the same job?

If you are going to make that comparison, then you need to compare corporate business jet travel to Southwest, Amtrak and Greyhound. They'll all get you where you need to go, so why pay the money to fly private? Ridiculous comparison if you ask me.

If Rolls Royce of Beverly Hills is charging $100k more than Rolls Royce of Newport Beach, do you think our clients are going to buy the most expensive car?

Perhaps it's time to stop looking at XOJET as cheap and start looking at NetJets as over-inflated. When we're able to charge an extra $4000 to guarantee a Challenger on a trans-con, or $8500/hour with a 2 hour MINIMUM, I'd hardly say we're the cheapest.

And don't bother with the safety aspect when XO ferried a 300 from Denver to IAD because I called in fatigued and couldn't/wouldn't fly the next days trip.

t-bone, to be honest I have not been keeping up on xojet for the last 2 years. I finally upgraded at XJT and haven't been looking around too much. Are you still enjoying working there?

Still no answer. I have a friend that was hired this past summer, gave notice and quit his job to only find out his class was cancelled. So is XO hiring. I don't want to work there I just am asking the question.

Why are you so surprised that they're hiring?

They started late, when things had already settled down, and people knew what the market was going to look like, then they grew modestly. And unlike the others, when things went to s***t 4 years ago, they didn't have a huge surplus of pilots and airplanes.

Good management, but better timing

No surprise either way. I just asked a question.

Latest resources

Back