• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Mesa cat II certified?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A 121 carrier cannot dispatch an aircraft to a destination if at the ETA the weather is below landing minimums (domestic operations). So an airline with OpSpec approval for CATIIIB operations and if the airport is certified to conduct these operations. The weather could be as low as 300 ft RVR.

There a few ways around the weather requirement. The airline could file using exception 3585 or use EWINS. Both work for domestic operations

For Flag operations the airline may dispatch the flight, if the weather at the destination is below landing minimums. Except for the airports were no alternate is required (over water operations). When flying to a city like Sydney, Australia. Which does not require an alternate. When the forecast shows the weather as below landing minimums. The airline will dispatch the flight to Melbourne. When closer to the destination (12 hours later) if the weather is at or above landing minimums the destination is changed to Sydney. Everybody wins and the passengers have no idea.

you have no idea WTF you are talking about. CHANGING YOUR DESTINATION FOR ANY REASON WHILE ENROUTE IS 100% LEGAL.PERIOD.

Let's get on the same sheet of music here...You are making a fool of yourself

3585 would only work if the below min's visibility is a conditional remark. 1/4 sm in the main body is no go for CAT1.

Curious on what carriers run their operations like this??

Take your pick.

The issue at KTEX is that the published procedures are limited to Approach Cat A and B aircraft. Weather could be (and usually was) above IFR mins but less than 1500 ft above lowest MEA.

The Regional that operates into KTEX uses Approach Cat B aircraft; it's not an issue for them.

Take your pick.

The issue at KTEX is that the published procedures are limited to Approach Cat A and B aircraft. Weather could be (and usually was) above IFR mins but less than 1500 ft above lowest MEA.

The Regional that operates into KTEX uses Approach Cat B aircraft; it's not an issue for them.

Who's the carrier that serves KTEX?

If I'm not mistaken KTEX is Telluride. This is a high elevation (9K ft) general aviation airport which I think is served by a company called Great Lakes operating the Beech 1900, which isn't even an airliner. I could be wrong but I don't think any real airliner can even go to that airport, regardless of the wx (unless they fly empty).

Latest resources

Back