Is Mesa cat II certified?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not really.

You don't list is your legal alternate..you just change your destination if the wx is legal for an approach when you get close to it.

Example: KTEX is a popular "change of destination" from KMTJ if you're flying an aircraft of Cat C min approach speed and the weather at arrival cooperates.

Rettofly, you must be talking private jets.

That kind of thing doesn't fly in the airline world. They do something similar with re-dispatch enroute to save fuel on some flag routes, but never to launch for a destination that's illegal due to weather. I think the FAA would come down on that hard. Your real destination isn't exactly a closely held secret in the world of scheduled airlines.

Not really.

You don't list is your legal alternate..you just change your destination if the wx is legal for an approach when you get close to it.

Example: KTEX is a popular "change of destination" from KMTJ if you're flying an aircraft of Cat C min approach speed and the weather at arrival cooperates.

Curious on what carriers run their operations like this??

It is not legal to dispatch that way in the 121 world.

Doesn't matter what the current RVR is until you get to the FAF. If the TAF says 1/4 then they can't even launch.

Its possible using the RVR rule(which isnt technically a rule I guess), but the flight has to be under an hour in length. At least we can use this at XJT. I have never used it, but it is an option.

The reasoning for this rule, as I understand it, is because of the location of the sensors. The sensors for the METAR/TAF could be on the tower, which could be in the fog/clouds/whatever is causing the low vis to be reported. However the RVR sensors are, obviously, on the runway which could be reporting 6000RVR.

Got to call the tower, get the RVR, get their opinion(since, in theory, they know the way weather behaves at their airport) on whether the low vis will continue, get better, get worse, etc...

It is not legal to dispatch that way in the 121 world.

It's 100% LEGAL. Smart- no.

There is no rule that says that you can't change your destination enroute (as long as the airport to which you are changing to is listed in ops specs C070)... as long as you have the fuel to fly to the destination thence fly to the farthest alternate listed.

I think if I was scheduled on flight xxxx to airport A, I wouldn't accept a release to airport B. In 121 I don't think that would be legal unless it was a planned fuel stop situation.

Latest resources

Back