• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Mesa cat II certified?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I'm not mistaken KTEX is Telluride. This is a high elevation (9K ft) general aviation airport which I think is served by a company called Great Lakes operating the Beech 1900, which isn't even an airliner. I could be wrong but I don't think any real airliner can even go to that airport, regardless of the wx (unless they fly empty).

Don't know if they are considered "real airliners" by you, but we used to fly the EMB-120 into KTEX, and they were always full, not empty.

Don't know if they are considered "real airliners" by you, but we used to fly the EMB-120 into KTEX, and they were always full, not empty.

Since it is certified under Part 25 the answer is yes, I do consider the Brasilia to be a real airliner.

If you operated it into KTEX then I can only assume that your company had the necessary performance data and provided you with proper runway analysis. If that allowed you to operate "full", again, I can only assume it was legal.

I'm also happy that I never had the occasion to be on the passenger manifest. I admit that I've never been comfortable operating at the edges of performance envelopes (but that's just me). What is "legal" is not always safe.

Last edited:
TEX used to have seasonal service on YV Dash 8s.

Latest resources

Back