• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Info for NJI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
However I would never vote for anything that would displace the newest new hire from NJI from upgrading in the Gulfstreams. That was his “career expectation” when he was hired, it’s what he was hired for, and it is what his experience demanded when he was hired.

You hit the nail on the head HARD, I am still an FO here and I came here to fly the Gulfstreams,

It's hard for me to believe that a new hire at E - NJI did not have any idea why the two companies were divided.
Career expectations? For the NJI folks?
What about the famous quote you fail to share with everyone:
"You all will be flying Gulfstreams" promised to NJA pilots back around 1996.
Seems like everyone at NJA since then had career expectations hampered by NJI folks.
About three years ago, I heard from many NJI crews about the G200's.
Gee whiz, since its a Gulfstream, it should be flown by NJI pilots.

I've been safely flying internationally for the past three years at NJA, every pilot at NJA, is capable of safely completing the job requirements.

Seems like the same old song and dance: beat the drum and chant about how difficult and demanding it is to fly internationally.
Exclude everyone else so that only a select few "experienced" folks can do the job.
"A Teamer", er "go-to teamer" philosophy.
This is why there was such overwhelming support for new 1108 leadership.

DO-82 driver said:
You will do as told by your Boss.....look at all the input you guys had in the cross over agreement.

Hey Num-Nuts!

What part of my avatar doesn’t distinguish me as 64 year old man with 4 grand kids! I’ll tell the man where to stick it anytime and anywhere, and my boss knows it. Just like I’ll tell you that you’re clueless about a good ¾th of the dribble that comes out of your lips.

I worked on helicopters in Nam. We had a new Cobra pilot from Rogers Arkansas show up, Douglas Brubaker (we called him Half-Baked Brubaker). That kid showed up ready to kill Commies with a tooth pick and a Swiss army knife. After he decided to try a tear drop 180 and fire off his remaining rockets over a hot LZ, he got shot down, spent 1 night in jungle, and cried like a baby for a month; he realized what everyone knew. There is no substitute for experience.

So the next time your sitting in a concrete shack over in Nairobi trying to find someone to pay off so you can get your gas truck, and your stomach starts rumbling from the breakfast you ate, and your friendly neighborhood communist soldier wants $20 bucks to let you out to your plane, and then you get there and the APU wont start… Then we’ll talk about you international experience. Until that time have fun flying to St. Marteen, London, and Canada and logging your “international experience”.

For the 1st and last time in my life, I can gladly look at a union and say,

“You can’t touch me, and you won’t affect me, NO MATTER what you pull”

I wonder what the career expectations were for the Eastern pilots, TWA, Unioted and Delta furloughed pilots...the list goes on and on.

Career expectations in the aviation industry change at the whim of management.... Its all a roll of the dice and no onbe is assured anything.

Like BB said to sooo many recurrent classes....."don't take it personal, its just business."

RTRHD....sorry you lost the post...that's happened a bunch of times to me...and I can never properly re-write it too.....

As far as "gave up the money for NJI"...I'm not sure of that rumor and if it is true I'm not sure there was much more money to be had at this junction.

As far as Scope is concerned...the Scope we have is better than no Scope at all. And the Scope we do have now is not too shoddy. If it is violated then the courts will have to step in AGAIN to settle it. At the very least its going to cost more $$$$, and bad publicity for both side. The Union is used to it, the Company is tired of it and can least afford it.

Date of Hire was put on the table and RTS, on the NJI pilots behalf, shot it down. Time will tell what happens next for all of us. Let's see what's going to happen in less than 3 years.

Rusty, what does combat experience have to do with flying our customers? That's not even apples to oranges, more like raisins to rocks. A lot of us at NJA have combat experience, and a lot don't. Some of us fly to far more remote places than London too.

I didn't start this thread to be another 'mine is bigger than yours' session. At your age, you may not want to be around when the changes take place for a variety of reasons. There are those that plan on staying a lot longer though, and integration by choice is always far more equitable than integration by decree.

RustyFan said:
Hey Num-Nuts!

I’ll tell the man where to stick it anytime and anywhere, and my boss knows it.

Oh please, for the love of beer and peanuts tell me your going to V school with me in 2 weeks!!

Pervis....very well said....

That statement, along with that from my esteemed co-worker, Gunfyter, is really all there needs to be said on this highly volitile topic.

Hey cravenfan aka ted stryker-

how does some LZ in NAM mean anything in todays world.

You're not having flashbacks are you?

Ted Striker: I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.
All: It's an entirely different kind of flying.

Latest resources

Back