Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wolfpackpilot said:
Ghost,

If by 'not often' you mean at the end of 'EVERY' revenue leg, you are correct.

NJI Pilots do the following (at least 3 or 4 times a tour):

• Take out the trash
  • Vacuum the plane
  • Brush the head liner (my personal most hated)
  • Load bags
  • unload bags
  • load/unload catering
  • post flight, including going into the aft equip. bay
  • add oil to engines if needed (my 2nd most hated)
  • anything else we have to do to get the job done.
So you see, we're not the goochi wearing premadonnas you think. I just don't get on here complaining about the job. They told me in the interview, "You will receive a license to operate a vacuum cleaner, any problems?"

I admire your posts, and respect your opinion, I just want to set the record straight on this one.

You forgot another big time consuming task, we also help the FA wash and dry dishes, something most of the other fleets don't have to worry about

gunfyter said:
Anyway... I think its possible to work something out thats fair. possible example. Date of Hire, with a fence. with the fence... 2 NJI upgrades to every 1 NJA upgrade .... you upgrade ahead of NJA guys on the property for 10 and more yrs. Or you can cross over and compete for the falcon g-200, etc, based on DOH only.

just an idea... maybe its not one you like but lets talk about it respectfully and see if there is something that works. A lot of A-side guys probably don't like this idea either.

I think something can be done that will make most people happy.

Gun,
I wish and hope that most all of the NJA pilots would think like yourself, then we could all get along, what you propose is a good start to something, a good start in the right direction

RTRHD said:
Pervis,
Your, all wrong the the union can't knock anyone out of there seat. Mr. Santulli did not sell us out by turning down DOH, he did us right. And as far as the crazed individuals,I have only spoken the truth. (from my perspective) I always let the gold tie's check in first, because I know they got 10 hrs. Even after I have been waiting on them to shut down there aircraft untill the clock gives them overtime.

But the beer is about to flow so standback and read the fun........

RT, I should not have generalized. Some comments have been quite appropriate. What I meant about losing a seat-the perception of an opportunity for an NJI FO is at least delayed for each slot taken by an NJA pilot.

The alternatives to DOH is sale of the company, a ratio, like 5-1 integration, or worst case, stapling to the bottom. RTS gave the union full rights in the integration process once single carrier happens. What do you think will happen if you guys have three years to join but don't? I don't mean to sound threatening or intimidating in any way. I want the best for all of us. We all have to work together, and the guys I've met on your side are top notch.

I'm all for fair integration. It would make the long term effects of the pilot group that much better.

While i doubt NJI will ever organize on it's own. I just don't see it happening.

I know a lot of NJI guys who are happy for us getting our contract but are also worried about the future. (I am too) Right now really non of us have any control over it. We're all just along for the ride.

2006 should be an interesting year. Good luck to all and be safe!

wolfpackpilot said:
Gut Shot,

FlyLow is a union communist, he will never, ever respect anyone who doesnt see things his way.

It's the 1108 way, or the highway. He sounds like my old MEC chairman from airline #3... or was it #1?

Happy New Years and Gods' blessing to everyone.....

you too FlyLow

And so it's come to personal attacks?

That's fine, whatever. You guys seem to have it all figured out on Planet Okatie. Good luck once the 1108 Mothership lands.

I hope that your dreams of what could be hold as tighly as your convictions. My money is on the winning team, not RTS's empty promises.

I know the deal, in the end, will be comensurate to the level of input the NJI pilots put into the effort.

I doubt you would have gotten that offer from Communist Russia in the day.

P.S. There is absolutely nothing communist about Unions. Of course, it was hard to convince the German population that Auschwitz wasn't a summer camp for Jewwish kids either. I suppose it just depends on your persective based on what side of the fence you are on.

Sad but True

batsky2000 said:
You forgot another big time consuming task, we also help the FA wash and dry dishes, something most of the other fleets don't have to worry about

For the sake of dignity I was hoping no one would mention this demoralizing, yet sometimes unavoidable task.

I however refuse to wear the French maid costume while washing dishes!

FLYLOW22 said:
And so it's come to personal attacks?

No personal attacks, just a heavy dose of sarcasm. Which obviously passed you over.

I agree that you and I cannot agree, and don’t see eye to eye on any of these issues. So going forward I promise not to respond to anything you say.

Fair enough?

wolfpackpilot said:
NJI Pilots do the following (at least 3 or 4 times a tour):
3 or 4 times a tour? Try 3 or 4 times a day at NJA.

So you see, we're not the goochi (sic) wearing premadonnas you think...I just want to set the record straight on this one.
Uh huh. :rolleyes:

wolfpackpilot said:
No personal attacks, just a heavy dose of sarcasm. Which obviously passed you over.

I agree that you and I cannot agree, and don’t see eye to eye on any of these issues. So going forward I promise not to respond to anything you say.

Fair enough?

No sir. Sacrasm and satire are welcomed, enjoyed and appreciated by old FLYLOW. Your shot seemed to stray a bit towards a direct hit.

You sunk my battleship dude.

Latest resources

Back