If you commute on SWA ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bravodude,

I do not work at SWA so I am not sure what your procedures are. My question is, when you dead head are you issued positive space tickets or do you do the right thing and volunteer for the cockpit jumpseat so the passengers get the first crack at your seat? Just curious.

Not just off line my friend. I think mgt is testing our resolve. I hope they are suprised.

Are they actually going to make you guys sit in the back if there are empty seats? That blows. Best of luck to you guys. You are always welcome on my jumpseat no matter what your company's policy is.

This is a completely BullS#!+ policy! It's as if they got together and purposely tried to figure out how they could make commuting more of a hassle. This ought to do wonders for the culture of LUV. I don't know about y'all, but I'm just not seeing the "luv" in this at all. I'm going to be pretty much pissed off and annoyed every time I go to work. And...please, no one patronize us with how commuters choose to commute.

Let me see if i get this straight. you would rather preboard and sit in a window or isle seat and force a passenger who pays your salary to sit in the middle seat. RIIIIGHT! Geez i think you forgot who pays our salary its not swa its the passengers who buy tickets on us and deserve first crack.

I don't have anything nice to say about this post. Stanley, Black and Decker, Craftsman come to mind, however. This is perhaps one of the ten most asinine posts I have ever read on FlightInfo...and that is saying a lot.

This isn't directed at "cactus"...more of a general question. Why would anyone want to sit in the cockpit if they could have a seat in the back? The 73 just isn't that roomy up front. Even for the roomy cockpits you can't exactly get up and walk around whenever you want.

Are they actually going to make you guys sit in the back if there are empty seats? That blows. Best of luck to you guys. You are always welcome on my jumpseat no matter what your company's policy is.

Why would anyone want to sit in the cockpit if they could have a seat in the back? The 73 just isn't that roomy up front.

I would always prefer sitting in a cramped jumpseat rather than in a middle seat in steerage. Much better conversation. Also if you have a two leg commute (More common now after mainlines flooded the industry with RJ's and you get bumped more often. Example: STL) you can politely (!) be the first one off the plane and do the OJ Simpson sprint.

I would prefer to preboard simply for the ability to talk to ask the captains permission without clogging up the entry area while passengers are being herded on board. Better to get preboarded, take care of the handshake, get out of the way and let the guys up front get back to their preflight duties.

The reason for having JS preboard and then take an aisle seat is so at the last minute we can have you come to the jumpseat if we need and you don't have to disrupt other pax to do it.

Bravodude,

I do not work at SWA so I am not sure what your procedures are. My question is, when you dead head are you issued positive space tickets or do you do the right thing and volunteer for the cockpit jumpseat so the passengers get the first crack at your seat? Just curious.

I have always volunteered and the funny thing is so have every other pilot at SW. I see it everyday, we are oversold the ops agent comes up to the positive space guy and want's to know if he will sit up front with out hesitattion he gives up his seat. We all do it here. Part of the reason for coming to SW and not delta or united was the fact that we actually care about the guy that pays our salary and that keeps them coming back. My question to you is on every other airline I cannot preboard. The airline that you work for I believe does not allow you to pick a seat when you nonrev. At all the other airlines I have worked for you put yourself on the nonrev list, show up at the airport and if there was space you got on. I have never heard anyother airline empoyee complain about sitting in the middle seat. Oil is sky high our cost compared to evryone else is climbing, if sitting in the middle seat or sitting up front will allow one paying pax to be happy, come back and fly us again and save me from going thru what evry other major airline has gone thru than i will be glad to do it.
I think everyone has lost sight of who the real customer is.

Latest resources

Back