• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you commute on SWA ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The reason for having JS preboard and then take an aisle seat is so at the last minute we can have you come to the jumpseat if we need and you don't have to disrupt other pax to do it.

No, if the JS and all nonrevs board last than there is no reason for anyone to disrupt anyone.

You obviously don't commute...DIPSH!T

I did my time as a commuter ouit crying you act like swa owe's you some thing. To bad get in line

You obviously don't commute...DIPSH!T

I did my time as a commuter ouit crying you act like swa owe's you some thing. To bad get in line

What are you doing on a SW thread don't you have to go and cry about how much pay you lost or that we are lowering the bar. I commute myself tough guy and have for 10 years. when your airline afords me the same privilage we gave you for years and years then you can talk to me until then pound sand.

This is a new age of SWA....the internal customer is dead and the masses will be more and more pissed off here...I must say this is happening much sooner than I thought. Nothing good will last forever but I really thought this great business model was going to stick around for awhile...now, not so much. It just doesn't work when the employees are pissed off...its all about numbers now

Go fly for American, wait I hear Northwest is looking for a few good men, you sound like you would fit right in.

What are you doing on a SW thread don't you have to go and cry about how much pay you lost or that we are lowering the bar. I commute myself tough guy and have for 10 years. when your airline afords me the same privilage we gave you for years and years then you can talk to me until then pound sand.

Hey Sh!t for brains, my company afforded you the oportunity of multiple jumpseats long before SWA changed it's policy on the matter. AWA had a very liberal jumpseat policy long before most other airlines in this industry. In the past, I was bumped more than once from a half empty SWA airplane. So maybe you should be the one to go "pound sand"! I don't need SWA to get to work. I almost never ride them anymore (once in the last two years). My comments are mainly regarding SWA's treatment of there own pilots in this matter. If you do work for SWA, then they must have really lowered their standards in the last few years. Idiot.

Last edited:
I would always prefer sitting in a cramped jumpseat rather than in a middle seat in steerage.

Sweet!

The memo does not say when we should board if we are jumpseating but taking a seat in the cabin. I would guess it would be cool to go down right after the preboards? You don't get a A, B, or C with a JS slip. The main concern for me is as someone else stated, finding a place to stow my bag. I imagine most CAs would let you put it up front if the bins were full.

I have always volunteered and the funny thing is so have every other pilot at SW. I see it everyday, we are oversold the ops agent comes up to the positive space guy and want's to know if he will sit up front with out hesitattion he gives up his seat. We all do it here. Part of the reason for coming to SW and not delta or united was the fact that we actually care about the guy that pays our salary and that keeps them coming back. My question to you is on every other airline I cannot preboard. The airline that you work for I believe does not allow you to pick a seat when you nonrev. At all the other airlines I have worked for you put yourself on the nonrev list, show up at the airport and if there was space you got on. I have never heard anyother airline empoyee complain about sitting in the middle seat. Oil is sky high our cost compared to evryone else is climbing, if sitting in the middle seat or sitting up front will allow one paying pax to be happy, come back and fly us again and save me from going thru what evry other major airline has gone thru than i will be glad to do it.
I think everyone has lost sight of who the real customer is.

If you continue to volunteer then you are a sap!!

If I have to sit up front to get a revenue or nonrev passenger on, I will do it. I don't think it is being a sap, rather either A) keeping my job secure by allowing people who pay to fly the seat they bought, or B) living by the Golden Rule. If it were my wife, parent, buddy, etc. trying to get that seat I would hope someone would do the same. What goes around comes around.

If you continue to volunteer then you are a sap!!

Nice to meet you sap I guess I am a sap also. Sure love the pay checks that don't bounce I guess we all are saps at swa

Latest resources

Back