• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you commute on SWA ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you let me preboard. NO so stop complaining and if you dont like it go jump on someone else. I cant believe we are having this conversation. These passengers pay our salary, they get first crack period.

Bravodude.
if you jumpseat on my flight I will tell the agent
to let you and any other jumpseaters preboard,
and if there is a First Class seat available when
everyone has boarded, you will get to sit in it.

and if there is a First Class seat available when everyone has boarded, you will get to sit in it.

Hardly ever happens on American. While I can say that the AA pilots have been extremely accommodating when I have used them, it's the AA F/A's that never allow you to sit in First Class even if it is empty.

Let me see if i get this straight. you would rather preboard and sit in a window or isle seat and force a passenger who pays your salary to sit in the middle seat. RIIIIGHT! Geez i think you forgot who pays our salary its not swa its the passengers who buy tickets on us and deserve first crack.

let's look at history:eek:ther airlines that put the pax 'first' v. swa, who put their employees 'first'.

note:not meant as a dis to any other airline, i believe that in any business employees are the biggest asset, or biggest liability. ya' gotta look out for your biggest asset. yep, it's business.

Last edited:
Hey Sh!t for brains, my company afforded you the oportunity of multiple jumpseats long before SWA changed it's policy on the matter. AWA had a very liberal jumpseat policy long before most other airlines in this industry. In the past, I was bumped more than once from a half empty SWA airplane. So maybe you should be the one to go "pound sand"! I don't need SWA to get to work. I almost never ride them anymore (once in the last two years). My comments are mainly regarding SWA's treatment of there own pilots in this matter. If you do work for SWA, then they must have really lowered their standards in the last few years. Idiot.

If you don't ride on us then why are you on this thread. I know swa treats us pilots sooo badly man oh man I need to find a new job.

Bravodude.
if you jumpseat on my flight I will tell the agent
to let you and any other jumpseaters preboard,
and if there is a First Class seat available when
everyone has boarded, you will get to sit in it.

Thanks but how could you. If you have assigned seating than where will I sit. I still have to wait for every revenue pax to board so I can find a seat.

Thanks but how could you. If you have assigned seating than where will I sit. I still have to wait for every revenue pax to board so I can find a seat.

have you ever jumpseated on an airline?

Jesus why is this even a debate? SWA crews, always awesome, SWA gate agents, nicer than my own airline. What the f are we arguing about here, you don't get to skip the line? Flight Info does more to lower the bar than skybus and va combined. We sound like a bunch of little girls fighting over a barbie doll. Grow the fack up and appreciate your ride home. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. rant over.

It Is More Difficult

I J/S SWA all the time and I really, really appreciate the ride. It's always been great and every crew has been excellent. I've never had any bad experiences on the J/S with SWA.
The new policy is more difficult for the loading process however. I used to pre-board, talk to the Capt AND F/O, introduce myself, ask for the J/S-- and thank them. Ask the lead F/A where she wants me to sit (if in cabin) and get out of the way in a mid seat---always ready to go up front when called (if the plane was full). This worked great.
However, on the last 2 flights, the cabin was not full. I was issued an "A" boarding card with the J/S slip. I boarded with the A group. The first time, the Capt wasn't up front so I went to the back, put up my bag, and had to wait until the entire aircraft filled up before the 3 J/S guys went up front to ask the Capt's permission. On the way up front, a few more people came in, resulting in a jam.... then went up front, did the begging, and returned to the back---and had to displace the "aisle sitter" to sit in the middle.
Horrible problem? NO. However, the process seemed to be better from a loading standpoint before the change. And the plane was loaded quicker/easier before the change.
This change may be more for "political" reasons than for pure "process" reasons. But it doesn't seem to help the loading of the aircraft UNLESS you don't turn left to ask the Capt's permission.

Does this have anything to do with SWA being in negotiations?

Of course it does. It is all about unilaterally taking away benefits. That is why I said you would have to be a sap to give up a positive space DH seat (for the jumpseat) for a revenue pax. Some of these coolaid drinkers on here don't get it.

Latest resources

Back