• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ibt vote new or old?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Company was given several options, that they choose not to take. Knowing the offer they countered with the union could not accept and it would make them look bad. Another case of KR out smarting the slate of experience. well played KR

The Company was given several options, that they choose not to take. Knowing the offer they countered with the union could not accept and it would make them look bad. Another case of KR out smarting the slate of experience. well played KR

What were the offers from the company? The problem with Slinghoffa and their crew is that they hide the truth and lie to the membership so nobdy trusts them

What were the offers from the company? The problem with Slinghoffa and their crew is that they hide the truth and lie to the membership so nobdy trusts them
That's been several years ago and you are only bringing it up now? If you were truly interested in the details, you would have found out long ago. The threat to us now, as pilots, is the establishment of a B scale.

That's been several years ago and you are only bringing it up now? If you were truly interested in the details, you would have found out long ago. The threat to us now, as pilots, is the establishment of a B scale.

We asked back then and you would not tell us what offers you made. You simply spoke on our behalf without asking us what we wanted. The only thing you cared about is what you wanted and what makes you look good for the national.

This is why the "Slate of Experience" is getting voted out

Well I hope that whomever ends up in the leadership position knows the true sentiment of the pilots. And also the consequences. The one thing I have to give Slinghoffa credit for was averting a wildcat strike.

Just like I believe in term limits for politicians. The 1108 needs new fresh faces with new ideas on how to deal with a company like Flops. Slinghoffa (LOL. No disrespect to Matt just thought that was funny) has done a decent job with what he had to work with at the time, But its time for him to let someone new come in and take a crack at it. The New Slate is very well versed with the likes of this management and I think they know whats needed to get the job done.

Yes shanes, it would be nice to have someone carry the ball further downfield, but you want to go with someone with a weak business backround? Unionship is nothing but a business and it better deliver. You are right that the membership is tired of the talk. If VDM claims the lead, I sure hope they can deliver. The built up resentment in the pilot group will create a backlash that will finish FO as we know it. I hope it works out well for ALL of us.

Just a Little Longer

C'mon TWA, we're talking about the IBT here. All are equal, but some are more equal than others. Can't imagine why you guys haven't joined up yet.

Patience.

Once you are granted a PLOA you can go to work at Flexjet. You and TWA will surely be good buddies.

You can pat each other on the back and tell each other how great you are.

It's a beautiful thing...just a little longer.

Some members chose not to be informed. So no, not all opinions carry the same weight. BTW didn't you inform me on certain issues and I had the intellectual honest to admit I was wrong and corrected my self?

So how does one become informed by your standard so that their opinion matters?

Since I have been a member of several unions before, let me explain how this works. Everyone has a say. Each persons say is as important as everyone else, even if it isn't the popular opinion.

What you are suggesting is a union in which everyone is required to join and pay dues, but unless your opinion aligns with the majority view than keep it to yourself. If this is the case then how would change ever be accomplished? Or is that what you are attempting to prevent?

Latest resources

Back