• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ibt vote new or old?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every displaced pilot needs to remember that it wasn't the company that insisted you take a pay cut when you were bumped from your old fleet. Vote accordingly.

Exactly Bluenose. Slinghoffa didnt want someone junior to himself making more money, but he was too lazy to go for the upgrade when he was senior enough to do it himself. Pure ego

Vote him and his crew out before they distroy us all

Reality is if the 1108 keeps stalling and doesn't file for single carrier Kenns going to just slowly wind it down to a bunch of beechjets. He's never going to reward the Options side with any new planes until it's filed and there's been a vote. That's why your going to see more and more Options guys going to Flex. Eventually after there's either been a vote or the 1108 is just wiped out he will then do a seniority integration something similar to what took place between TravelAir and Options.

Every displaced pilot needs to remember that it wasn't the company that insisted you take a pay cut when you were bumped from your old fleet. Vote accordingly.

Get your facts straight, the current leadership didn't insist that bumped pilots take a pay cut either. In fact, they gave the company several options for the displaced pilots to be able to keep their pay, but it was the company that didn't want to play ball. The real truth is that if you really believe what you just said, then YOU were the one that was played. Kind of like the whole Citation Air deal, they played card that a lot of people fell for, but luckily most have seen through the smoke and mirrors by now. Wake up and pay attention.

Get your facts straight, the current leadership didn't insist that bumped pilots take a pay cut either. In fact, they gave the company several options for the displaced pilots to be able to keep their pay, but it was the company that didn't want to play ball. The real truth is that if you really believe what you just said, then YOU were the one that was played. Kind of like the whole Citation Air deal, they played card that a lot of people fell for, but luckily most have seen through the smoke and mirrors by now. Wake up and pay attention.

That's a nice story, if only it were true. The only true fact in your post was the date/time stamp, the rest is spin. The company offered to pay freeze the displaced pilots at their current rate until the new, smaller fleet pay scale caught up. That's exactly what they had always done when other fleets were retired (GIV, Challenger, Falcon). Still sucks for the displaced captains, but it at least doesn't penalize them for something that wasn't their fault. The union 'option' was to raise every pilot on the list senior to the most junior displaced guy to that pay or higher - something that would cost the company too much $ for no benefit, and so had exactly ZERO chance of being accepted. So instead, the 1108 leadership insisted on strictly enforcing the contract, which meant a pay cut to the new fleet rate when displaced.

Instead of taking care of their dues-paying members the best they could, the "where's mine" mentality won out. Can't have someone junior to me in the same fleet making more money! Even though I passed up a chance to upgrade while they risked it. Screw em! So they took money from their 'brothers' (and their families) to make a point. And some of the eboard guys who had benefited from displacement pay freezes in the past were vocal proponents of screwing their own. Yeah, you're right, we should definitely vote for these guys again. They've proven their leadership abilities.

Last edited:
No worries.. The word is out that just about nobody trusts the "slate of experience" and will be voting them out. The only 2 in their crew that will be staing are AJ (because he is unaposed) and Rick K because he is the only one that is remotely ok. The rest of the Experience slate is just on an ego trip trying to get a job with the teamster national with no loyalty to the local members.

Blue you forgot to include the guys that were "red circled". So once again, I think you were only looking out for yourself, and were falling for a company trap to install a B scale. Good thing the slate of experience saved us from the likes of you.

Blue you forgot to include the guys that were "red circled". So once again, I think you were only looking out for yourself, and were falling for a company trap to install a B scale. Good thing the slate of experience saved us from the likes of you.

Seems like you feel the FO pilots keep needing to be saved from people who don't share your same views. If he is also a union member does his opinion not carry the equal weight of yours? So much for all for one.

Unity

Seems like you feel the FO pilots keep needing to be saved from people who don't share your same views. If he is also a union member does his opinion not carry the equal weight of yours?

C'mon TWA, we're talking about the IBT here. All are equal, but some are more equal than others. Can't imagine why you guys haven't joined up yet.

Seems like you feel the FO pilots keep needing to be saved from people who don't share your same views. If he is also a union member does his opinion not carry the equal weight of yours? So much for all for one.

Unity
Some members chose not to be informed. So no, not all opinions carry the same weight. BTW didn't you inform me on certain issues and I had the intellectual honest to admit I was wrong and corrected my self?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back