Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again.. Whatever.

We like our system for bidding. Why waste negotiating capital to fix what isn't broke?

Because you are not wasting negotiating capital by educating yourselves. What is it you guys don't get about due diligence?

You are missing the broader point. Your guys won't even give a fair entertainment of anything other than flightline. I've asked before, which MEC is being more open minded and reasonable? Your MEC has NOT run any mock bids or trial runs using your parings on smartpref! How are they doing their due diligence on behalf of you guys? They are being derelict on their duties and you guys don't even know it. How can they inform you when they don't even inform themselves!

You could turn those points around also, Flightline was better than most systems before it was customized for ASA. That said, why would we want to test drive something else? Show us how it's better (doubtful) and you'll sell it to us.
Don't send a guy that can't represent himself professionally on paper and expect me to believe he'll do a better job in person. That doesn't speak well and taints the product he's trying to sell.
So, back to my opening line, I presume your group has given Flightline a fair chance?

So the Competition states their feelings are hurt and are pissed they are not getting support from the CRJ side. You post what appears to be a confidential letter, which does nothing more than divide this pilot group. Good job.

Just trying to show you that your MEC is not working on your behalf when they won't even just listen. Anyway, maybe my motivation is to divide us and keep us separate indefinitely. I like that idea. I have a plan B and C that have nothing to do with this industry. I advice you to formulate one of your own!

You could turn those points around also, Flightline was better than most systems before it was customized for ASA. That said, why would we want to test drive something else? Show us how it's better (doubtful) and you'll sell it to us.
Don't send a guy that can't represent himself professionally on paper and expect me to believe he'll do a better job in person. That doesn't speak well and taints the product he's trying to sell.
So, back to my opening line, I presume your group has given Flightline a fair chance?

Yes, they have, and released a report. The reason why you would want to rest drive it is to see if it's better, duh! But your side has NOT run any trial runs or mock bids with their pairings. So how do you expect to know unless your side actually does their due diligence on your behalf? If a letter gets in a way of doing what's good for your pilots, then that just backs up the unprofessional claims of the writer. Get over it and the right thing and educate yourselves.

What is it you guys don't get about due diligence?

They did their due diligence 2 years ago and determined that Flightline was the best vendor for ASA. They then spent the better part of a year implementing the work rules they negotiated for that system. Is it really that surprising that they don't want to blow it all up now because the ERJ side is excited about a different vendor?

Just trying to show you that your MEC is not working on your behalf when they won't even just listen. Anyway, maybe my motivation is to divide us and keep us separate indefinitely. I like that idea. I have a plan B and C that have nothing to do with this industry. I advice you to formulate one of your own!

I don't need or want your advice. Thank you. You're about right on par with Captain Tony. You're legacy XJT's version of him. As far as your plans go, I don't care what you decide to do in any situation. Good for you, here's your brownie. You're right, the CRJ side of the fence should represent YOUR pilots and YOUR bidding system. Then you wouldn't be posting confidential letters. Negotiations are hard, and there's a lot of push and pull, you think this is different in this merger? Posting details (expecially from the Company trying to land a LARGE BIDDING CONTRACT) trying to get a leg up politically with half truths and no context is stupid in any case. Good job.

They did their due diligence 2 years ago and determined that Flightline was the best vendor for ASA. They then spent the better part of a year implementing the work rules they negotiated for that system. Is it really that surprising that they don't want to blow it all up now because the ERJ side is excited about a different vendor?

Two years ago? What about doing due diligence again taking into consideration new facts and realities?

I think it's ridiculous to consider a completely new solution inside of a new, joint contract. Period. There, I said it. Why? Because we will not have the opportunity to fix the flaws (and there will be flaws) until the next contract. Either take the existing ASA PBS solution and attempt to make corrections or take the existing XJet Line bidding solution and attempt to make it better. Who cares if they didn't want to listen to what was probably a good solution...for another time. Just not now and not in this contract.

I don't need or want your advice. Thank you. You're about right on par with Captain Tony. You're legacy XJT's version of him. As far as your plans go, I don't care what you decide to do in any situation. Good for you, here's your brownie. You're right, the CRJ side of the fence should represent YOUR pilots and YOUR bidding system. Then you wouldn't be posting confidential letters. Negotiations are hard, and there's a lot of push and pull, you think this is different in this merger? Posting details (expecially from the Company trying to land a LARGE BIDDING CONTRACT) trying to get a leg up politically with half truths and no context is stupid in any case. Good job.

Then dont take my advice. I can give a rat's a$$ if you dont! Anyway, I like to think of myself as our version of JoeMerchant, no offense.;)

In the end, if we stay separate because they cannot come to an agreement on a bidding system, it won't be because of what I ever posted. Just trying to let you guys know that your MEC isn't doing their due diligence. Thought that some may want to know.

Then dont take my advice. I can give a rat's a$$ if you dont! Anyway, I like to think of myself as our version of JoeMerchant, no offense.;)

In the end, if we stay separate because they cannot come to an agreement on a bidding system, it won't be because of what I ever posted. Just trying to let you guys know that your MEC isn't doing their due diligence. Thought that some may want to know.

And it just so happens to be self serving in your case... What a coincidence!! Whew, thanks for posting a confidential letter on a public forum so I can turn against my own MEC. Really, your methods suck beyond all comprehension. I'll stick with my own, thanks for trying. The difference between you and me is that I expect you to support your side of the fence and I don't take cheap shots to try and undermine that. Good luck, I really mean that.

Latest resources

Back