Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And it just so happens to be self serving in your case... What a coincidence!! Whew, thanks for posting a confidential letter on a public forum so I can turn against my own MEC. Really, your methods suck beyond all comprehension. I'll stick with my own, thanks for trying. The difference between you and me is that I expect you to support your side of the fence and I don't take cheap shots to try and undermine that. Good luck, I really mean that.

Thanks, I mean that. If having an alternate and a second alternate is self serving, then I'm guilty as charged. You are so caught up in me that you don't see the what is right in front of you. Just think...

They did their due diligence 2 years ago and determined that Flightline was the best vendor for ASA. They then spent the better part of a year implementing the work rules they negotiated for that system. Is it really that surprising that they don't want to blow it all up now because the ERJ side is excited about a different vendor?

^^^^^^
What he said.

nevets - I still don't see you posting facts on how smartpref is so much better than Flightline, but there seems to be plenty of innuendo from your posts. You did state you had reviewed both systems, enlighten us.

Thanks, I mean that. If having an alternate and a second alternate is self serving, then I'm guilty as charged. You are so caught up in me that you don't see the what is right in front of you. Just think...

Firstly, the posted letter is chocked full of "whine". Secondly- well, he is from Continental and People's Express. That sums up the picture quite nicely................scumbag right off the start.

It's good to see that you recklessly yank the wheel due to your plan b and c. Frankly, I think you're bluffing, because if it were that good, you'd be gone to b or c already. I laugh because you seem to have a distored view that YOUR view is the right one, with no consideration, or even respect for anyone else's view. At the very least, you have no respect or consideration for those who may not be as fortunate to have a plan B, or C, in which case that just makes you an @$$.

I like test driving EVERYTHING. It would have been great if materials would have been handed out and if SmartPref came in and distributed their information to the rest of the ASA pilots. I mean, why not? Why couldn't the ASA MEC go and educate us more. If they love Flica's PBS that much more, come up with a two column spreadsheet and show us. You like to make spreadsheets so much as it is. Put the other side down and silence them but instead you yourself remain silent.

I like knowing all the options out there and understanding the bigger picture. I guess that there's only a few pilots though out that that really do care. The whole process is a disappointment. It doesn't matter what side you're one. Just my two cents. I'm really frustrated.

Firstly, the posted letter is chocked full of "whine". Secondly- well, he is from Continental and People's Express. That sums up the picture quite nicely................scumbag right off the start.

It's good to see that you recklessly yank the wheel due to your plan b and c. Frankly, I think you're bluffing, because if it were that good, you'd be gone to b or c already. I laugh because you seem to have a distored view that YOUR view is the right one, with no consideration, or even respect for anyone else's view. At the very least, you have no respect or consideration for those who may not be as fortunate to have a plan B, or C, in which case that just makes you an @$$.

My plan B and C are not my first choice, obviously. But I have them because I refuse to be beholden and part of the race to the bottom. I am compassionate but also believe in personal responsibility. Don't count on others to do things for you. But hopefully if we fall on our face, there will be someone offering a hand.

I like test driving EVERYTHING. It would have been great if materials would have been handed out and if SmartPref came in and distributed their information to the rest of the ASA pilots. I mean, why not? Why couldn't the ASA MEC go and educate us more. If they love Flica's PBS that much more, come up with a two column spreadsheet and show us. You like to make spreadsheets so much as it is. Put the other side down and silence them but instead you yourself remain silent.

I like knowing all the options out there and understanding the bigger picture. I guess that there's only a few pilots though out that that really do care. The whole process is a disappointment. It doesn't matter what side you're one. Just my two cents. I'm really frustrated.

I'm from the XJT side, and I am with you. Let's see all three systems side by side with both of our pairings. I am very suspicious of the ASA MEC just because the don't seem to want to engage in this debate, whereas the XJT MEC is at least looking at PBS systems despite the fact that most XJT pilots tend to be against it. I want the best possible system, contract and work rules, I don't care whose contract or side they come from.

My plan B and C are not my first choice, obviously. But I have them because I refuse to be beholden and part of the race to the bottom. I am compassionate but also believe in personal responsibility. Don't count on others to do things for you. But hopefully if we fall on our face, there will be someone offering a hand.

Nobody offers a hand in this business, and the sooner you realize that, or better yet- recognize it, the better for yourself. Actually, in this case, better off for everybody.

Two years ago? What about doing due diligence again taking into consideration new facts and realities?

Did Crewing Solutions land a real customer or change SmartPref in any significant way in the past two years? Do you really want us to be the beta testers?

I think it's ridiculous to consider a completely new solution inside of a new, joint contract. Period. There, I said it. Why? Because we will not have the opportunity to fix the flaws (and there will be flaws) until the next contract. Either take the existing ASA PBS solution and attempt to make corrections or take the existing XJet Line bidding solution and attempt to make it better.

That right there. I think this is a big reason that the CRJ side is resistant to a new vendor. The whole plan with the PBS LOA was to get a system with favorable work rules, find any problems, then fix them in Section 6. Switching to a new, untested system for the JCBA would eliminate the chance to react to unforeseen problems. The next opportunity to fix problems may be quite far off.

Latest resources

Back