• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I am Confused, Should I Right it Up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Write-up campaigns (when they actually occur) often promote greater understanding of aircraft systems and their specific malfunction or operational regulatory tolerances. For example, a pilot may write-up paint missing or a dent on one of the wing surfaces. At a certain point of measurement from the smooth plane of the wing's surface, the dent becomes a puncture, even though there is no hole. Many flight instruments also have their own tolerances when measured against the redundant instrument. For those pilots who do not regularly write-up or notice these discrepancies, it can be a time of great learning. I know some folks will say that all pilots should already be writing these things up, and that they should have a thorough knowledge of all components and tolerances and torque values of the hold-down bolts on the main wheels, but that is another story. I am merely making a side point. I really don't think there is currently any coordinated MX write-up campaign at XJT. There is no reason for one, yet.

I'm not at Xjet but I am an airline mechanic so I need to say you are correct on this to a point. Every discrepancy/corrective action for every A/C is entered into a database (including all employee #s). People are tracking said entry's but it is for reliability reasons (checking for repeat items to flag). I have no idea if somebody is looking for any single employee discrepancy rate to go up. I do know that you can search an employee number and everything that employee has written up/signed off comes up. Either way if it's broke it's broke! We can't do our job if you don't do yours. I think all airline professionals know what the appropriate flight line discrepancies are.

This. If you haven't been documenting discrepancies, start because its what xjt management wants, and pilots who don't do it are wrong. They have been trying to get pilots to comply for sometime now.

Comair actual occurrence. Shortly after the Management Spokestool told the Cincinnati newspaper pilots were involved in an illegal write up campaign "writing up broken coffee pots", the FA says to my captain, the coffee maker is broken. He wants nothing to do with it and tells her we are not putting it in the book. She complains to her supervisor and guess who gets disciplined? Moral of the story, management is threatening your job either way. So be very careful.

Shut your mouth, open your ears (or eyes I suppose).

Oh, sorry? Should I delete my account now? I will get right on that tough guy. Now is not the time to shut up and stick your head in the sand. Record profits are coming to the Airline Industry and a severe shortage of experienced pilots is on the way as well. Those things are huge factors in securing good contract gains. Signing long term, concessionary agreements on the eve of this long term turnaround is a huge tactical blunder.

The xjet pilots are showing some backbone and hopefully Eagle will show some leadership as well. Encouraging capitulation looks to be the Union narrative at this time and that is unfortunate. Pcl comes on here waving the union banner in his sig and calls himself a union thug? How about talking unity and strengthening the Pilot group? Apathy and malleability are not qualities that make a successful "union thug"

APA is showing some leadership now just when it is sorely needed. We should all be supportive and offer help to the regional pilots as they are on their own with minimal guidance from the mother ship.

Meanwhile at booger king, Mr. I ain't got no education but I best be gettin my $20 raise or else I'm gonna flip those burgers a hole lot slower because I got babies to feed gets national coverage and a high five from everyone....FML .....FT..RLA.

Various parts spelled in error on purpose for dramatical humor.
Your welcome.

You don't think pilots, especially Regional pilots, wouldn't be in a similar situation if mgt could get away with it? Everyone deserves a decent living.

Pcl comes on here waving the union banner in his sig and calls himself a union thug? How about talking unity and strengthening the Pilot group? Apathy and malleability are not qualities that make a successful "union thug"

Following the law is not apathy and malleability. You are clueless. Hopefully your ignorance doesn't cost you your career.

It would be nice if the union stepped up and fought this. Don't you think that if ALPA national came out with publicity that a airline was firing guys for writing up broken airplanes the companies would be less likely to come after pilots? Too bad ALPA is too self serving to be an actiual representative of its pilots.

It would be nice if the union stepped up and fought this. Don't you think that if ALPA national came out with publicity that a airline was firing guys for writing up broken airplanes the companies would be less likely to come after pilots? Too bad ALPA is too self serving to be an actiual representative of its pilots.

The problem is ALPA has no balls!

They just want your money and succumb to management wishes.

Look at the crap contracts approved by spineless MEC's.

ALPA has grown useless.

The regionals need a real union!

It's quite amusing that ALPA has people called representatives. They represent nothing and no one. They certainly didn't represent the wishes of 83% of XJT pilots. Perhaps it would be beneficial if they flew the line once in a while and asked a working pilot what is an acceptable contract.

And now SP is the JNC Chairman, at least that's what I'm hearing, more of the same crap unfortunately. Nothing will change. We'll just end up w/ another crap TA. He was voted out as ATL Rep awhile back but managed to get another gig w/ his buddy Newie on the LASA ALPA gravy train. They all need to go, but no one else runs so they stay & get re-elected/appointed! Or appointed by their buds on the MEC!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back