• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I am Confused, Should I Right it Up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If discrepancies are legitimate maintenance issues...how could the company legally justify punitive action against a pilot that wrote those items up?

If discrepancies are legitimate maintenance issues...how could the company legally justify punitive action against a pilot that wrote those items up?

It probably varies widely depending on the outfit. My company comes down like a bag of anvils on you if they deem a write up to be unworthy. I've had my employment threatened several times over the years for holding my ground on certain maintenance items. It sucks balls, but it's a fact of life at the dirt bag regionals.

And they won't hesitate to throw you under a bus if the item in question causes an accident. Damned if you do, eternally damned if you don't.

Every time a Pilot has been suspended/terminated for "alleged" inappropriate mx write-ups they always get their job back with back pay. Don't give in to fear and intimidation as some "supposed" Pilot's here advise you to. These message boards are chock full of shills and fake's and it is easy to see right through them. HS

Every time a Pilot has been suspended/terminated for "alleged" inappropriate mx write-ups they always get their job back with back pay.

Wrong. Oh so very wrong.

Wrong. Oh so very wrong.

Let me be a little more clear, What I am referring to is during negotiations when the company decides to take hostages. Lets say after the company publishes something like "any inappropriate write-ups will result in discipline up to and including termination" I happen to be living proof of a nice paid vacation so don't let these turds try and scare you. Sure, there have been guys fired in the past for just cause but I am specifically talking about the company taking hostages during negotiations. If you do your job by the book you are covered. How can you be fired (justly) for following company procedures?? Do your job and document everything and you will be fine. Don't give in to the fear and intimidation. These tactics have been used many times in the past and are standard procedure. Get educated and the knowledge you gain will give you confidence.

Holy Shiite, I've personally been there to see someone lose his arbitration in a case like this. I've seen others suspended. And then there's the court case where a judge actually ordered ALPA to tell the pilots to stop writing up airplanes. I'm telling you, it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be. You're going to get people fired. Stop.

Holy Shiite, I've personally been there to see someone lose his arbitration in a case like this. I've seen others suspended. And then there's the court case where a judge actually ordered ALPA to tell the pilots to stop writing up airplanes. I'm telling you, it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be. You're going to get people fired. Stop.

I am sorry... I respect your opinion but if something needs to be written up it will... If I lose my job so be it... You are mistaken if threats like this will scare us away... We will right up stuff till the chickens come home to roost;)

And personally I find it offence they would publish a warning like this... I am more determined to follow the law...

Latest resources

Back