• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How are Expats taxed after the 87k?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, let me get this straight: If a FAA inspector spies me coming out of the Nana Entertainment Plaza in BKK with a smile on my face, they can take my ATP.

But, if I protest income taxes, they can't? ;)

TC

That might be a little strong! The FAA did take action against his ATP, and the facts of the case were a little different in that he inappropriately claimed exempt on his W4. The findings may have been different if he purposely hid money in offshore bank and lied about his income.

All your post proves is that the FAA will take action against your certificate, and the specific facts of the case will determine if you get it back.

Nice job on finding the case, but it just validates my point. Oh, and the guy spent two years in prison, and had to pay 700K in penalties. I stand by my statement. It wouldn't be my first choice for a tax strategy!

So, let me get this straight: If a FAA inspector spies me coming out of the Nana Entertainment Plaza in BKK with a smile on my face, they can take my ATP.

TC

Yes TC, the FAA inspector would take your ATP because it would be seen as a failure. One should come out of the Nana Entertainment Plaza with a beautiful girl on each arm :D , anything less is just not acceptable.

TP

TC

it takes a strong moral character to go down there nite after nite to help so many out with the costs of having a sick water buffalo.

:)

X-RATED, i agree with you that it would take action, BUT they have also taken action against someones ATP for putting on fake license plates!!! So, i stand by my post that while they will take action, they wont be successfull. IMHO. I sure hope not, i think taxes are a bunch of crap anyway, where else in the world do you have SO many different taxes?????

It sounds suffeciently complicated to warrent a professional tax advisor, which I will do. It also sounds like there are many different hoops that need to be jumped through to define your tax position.

Again, if there is anyone who is on a 1 month on/off rotation who wishes to detail what they are doing regarding taxes, please post or send me a message regarding tips and processes. It would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds suffeciently complicated to warrent a professional tax advisor, which I will do. It also sounds like there are many different hoops that need to be jumped through to define your tax position.

Again, if there is anyone who is on a 1 month on/off rotation who wishes to detail what they are doing regarding taxes, please post or send me a message regarding tips and processes. It would be greatly appreciated.

I believe there is a way around the 330 day rule. If you work overseas and you can prove that your primary residence is overseas then you don't have to worry about the 330 day rule. i could be wrong on that though....

Latest resources

Back