• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How are Expats taxed after the 87k?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do any of you guys use tax cut or other computer programs to do your taxes overseas. I've used Tax cut for many years now and am very happy with the service. This year I will be filing from as a non resident and I'm not sure if these programs will work for me.

Do any of you guys use tax cut or other computer programs to do your taxes overseas. I've used Tax cut for many years now and am very happy with the service. This year I will be filing from as a non resident and I'm not sure if these programs will work for me.

TurboTax works fine.

TP

Can't we just keep it simple and do the above?

Well, you probably can; they even have a fancy term for it. It's called Tax Evasion and it's a felony. (bu bye ATP) It certainly wouldn't be my first strategy, but maybe you won't get caught.

after the IRS gets done with you, the Treasury Dept. would have their day next since you would most likely have not filed Form TD F 90-22.1. you are supposed to file one of those if you have bank accounts, etc totaling $10,000 USD or more.

I am in the midst of a move abroad and was hoping one of you experienced expats could help me answer some questions.

1) What happens to your drivers licence? What address do you give the DMV?
2) DO you guys use tax consultants in the US to do your taxes?

I still have property in the U.S., (house, etc), so I still have my drivers license from that state. No issues with renewal.

Some guys have their mailing addresses changed to parents, in-laws, brothers house etc., and use that for their address and DL renewals.

I do not use a tax professional. Turbo tax works fine.

Latest resources

Back