• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wait until they buy CitationAir as well. I guess it's better for us than the alternative. As the title says...Hold On Tight. Looks like we'll all be one happy family!!

All we've heard on our side is how profitable Flex is. If that's the case, why would they cut compensation and risk having a pissed off pilot group?

Along similar lines, would they risk disenfranchising the FlOps pilots by maintaining a two-tier pay system?

Me thinks there's going to be a whole lotta negotiatin' goin' on in the coming months between management and the 1108. We all should just chill for now and let this unfold (trying to take my own advice here).

All we've heard on our side is how profitable Flex is. If that's the case, why would they cut compensation and risk having a pissed off pilot group?

Along similar lines, would they risk disenfranchising the FlOps pilots by maintaining a two-tier pay system?

Me thinks there's going to be a whole lotta negotiatin' goin' on in the coming months between management and the 1108. We all should just chill for now and let this unfold (trying to take my own advice here).

When have they cared about a pissed off pilot group 98% of there pilots are pissed off the other 2% are ass kissing yes men!! Business as usual at FLOPS

When have they cared about a pissed off pilot group 98% of there pilots are pissed off the other 2% are ass kissing yes men!! Business as usual at FLOPS

There is a difference between pissed off and lividly enraged. If the FLOPS guys choose to just slink away from the coming fight, then they deserve being second class, fortunately I believe there will be a fight!

Great example:

Fresh Air said:
It's been a couple of days now, and the enormity of our (FO pilots) screwing is just beginning to sink in. After 5+ years of grinding our faces into the dirt with fire-sale wages, worn out equipment, and Nextant Franken-jets, our parent company just spent 185 mil to buy a competing fractional, and pledged to spend another 5.2 billion to make it the classiest, most modern fleet in the industry. For the first time ever, I literally couldn't eat last night, my food stuck in my throat.

To paraphrase that great old quote by Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation:

"Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Kenn Ricci, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there in Cleveland with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-azz, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh1t he is! Hallelujah! Holy sh1t! Where's the Tylenol?"

There is a difference between pissed off and lividly enraged. If the FLOPS guys choose to just slink away from the coming fight, then they deserve being second class, fortunately I believe there will be a fight!

Great example:

I would have to agree with you on this one.

I don't think the Flight Options pilots are livid about the the purchase of Flex-jet in fact, I think they welcome it since it shows growth and stability.

What I am sure infuriated the pilots was the plan to make them into a "value" jet provider with low cost labor and previously enjoyed aircraft. This after the acceptance of low wages in the last contract to help the company survive the great recession. Now to find out that the money from out 401k match that was supposedly taken away to help the company to get on a more solid footing was now being used to purchase a competitor who is paid better and has a 401k match. That just flushed any good will the pilots might have still had down the toilet.

We are back to square one in our relationship and it is now up to management to again earn our trust. ( get out the check book! ) (and fast...)

Latest resources

Back