• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hold on tight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a difference between pissed off and lividly enraged. If the FLOPS guys choose to just slink away from the coming fight, then they deserve being second class, fortunately I believe there will be a fight!

Great example:

And, what happens when Flops strikes and their non-union brethren are forced to fly the Flops trips or be fired?

Flex chose to stay non-union...guess it would be a matter of laying in the bed they made for themselves. Off course there would most likely be enough dummies that would do the dirty deed and cover the trips. I can hear them bitching already about how unfair it is that they ended up on a list for life that ostracizes them.

Don't think it will come to that though; even Ricci realizes that he cannot afford to create that much strife and hope to stay profitable. What will most likely happen is that FLOPS will get a bump up in pay and bennies in their next contract and FLOPS will take some kind of haircut to achieve an uneasy parity over time. This of course will inevitably reinflame the talk of Union at Flex all over again. It will be interesting to watch, especially if and when CA will be asked to join the party.

...FLOPS will get a bump up in pay and bennies their next contract...

Correction: ...FLOPS will get a CONSIDERABLE bump up in pay and at bare minimum, industry standard bennies in their next contract...

Nothing else will suffice.

OHGOON, as a Flexjet pilot let me first say that your statement is true that we chose to stay non-union. Right, wrong or indifferent, that was the choice that we as a pilot group decided.

Second, we have owners that are with Options, NJA, CS and XOjet. Please, show me how we are supposed to know if we are flying Options owners or not should you chose to exercise your option and strike. Also, I keep hearing that NJA is so far off in their negotiations that they will be striking and once again their owners will exercise their obvious right to fly the contract they have with us. So please, tell me how we are, as you are eluding to, being scabs and being put out on "the list?"

Since we are being told that we will be run and operated as two completely separate entities, and the fact that Options has not bought us, but Options' parent company has, how again are we wrong flying the contracts that we have.

Thanks

P.S., I sincerely hope that with this acquisition that this not only makes our two companies even stronger in the marketplace, but also brings your salaries and benefits up to ours and not the other way around.

Flex chose to stay non-union...guess it would be a matter of laying in the bed they made for themselves. Off course there would most likely be enough dummies that would do the dirty deed and cover the trips. I can hear them bitching already about how unfair it is that they ended up on a list for life that ostracizes them.

Last edited:
Jetwash is spot on with how we all feel.

We use to be proud to be a Flight Options pilot because we were once the"industry innovators" and received industry standard pay. Now being told that we are the "value" option, and our pay shows it even though we do the same job as everyone else. How can we keep moral up when we made to feel like we are "less than" our sister company making $60,000 less. I trust our pay will eventually come up, but the question is, will it be done sooner because it is the right thing to do, or are we going to have to negotiate for it later.

Cl300,
Googone is a blowhard, please don't listen to him. I am a CA pilot, and we are soon going to be decertifying the Teamsters. What a mistake it was voting them in. Us, (CA & Flex) will soon be un-union brothers and sisters. Can't wait for the day. Googone is trying to breath his smelly dragon breath on us, please don't take him as an example as the typical CA pilot. I'm looking forward to working with you and keeping our fractional industry alive.

Latest resources

Back