• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hello flyi.com (ACA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like the new paint scheme and the name. Why can't ACA/Independence Air become the next Frontier or Air Tran? Frontier operates from one hub. Sure CRJs alone probably wouldn't work - but the addition of A319/20s will improve chances of success. This name is a HECK of a lot better than TED! This 25 year-old, pot-smoking advertising/branding wizzard deserves his Porsche...

Good luck to everyone involved!

Last edited:
What Routes

Since they own their own gates, will the routes flown actually be United routes coupled with new routes? There is no way United can get that many aircraft on those routes by late spring. Not even Mesa can expand that fast. Seems like ACA might be in a great position to compete directly with United's route structure. I hope they kick A$$. Good luck guys!;)

Coast to coast spring '04? Hmm. They won't have airbuses yet. Coast to coast on an RJ. Now THAT sounds like fun.

Beautiful paint scheme. I really hope you guys all the best at turning ALPA apartied on its ear!

Re: Still RJ's?

MailMan said:
Then what's the deal with only RJ's on their website?:eek:

I would guess it's because we don't have any A319/320's yet. The press release re: Airbus is listed on the site. Check back in a couple weeks, I'll bet you'll see an Airbus on there relatively soon.

J41driver,

So, do you think you will stay with ACA/Independence Air or would you go to Comair with the DoJets if Delta is forced to buy them?

Andy said:
Coast to coast spring '04? Hmm. They won't have airbuses yet. Coast to coast on an RJ. Now THAT sounds like fun.

Independence Air will have a wet-lease in place with Ryan (I believe) to cover the initial Airbus flying in spring/summer '04. The Pilots CBA allows up to four with one spare NB's for 18 months after the first revenue flight of Independence.

No one will be flying CRJ's to LA.:cool:

Heavy Set said:
J41driver,

So, do you think you will stay with ACA/Independence Air or would you go to Comair with the DoJets if Delta is forced to buy them?

If I had to decide right now I'd stay put. I'm not really sure what set of circumstances would make me go to CMR voluntarily (nothing against CMR or anyone there....I'd just rather be at ACA/Independence Air) but I'm sure I'd re-evaluate my decision if Mesa is successful. Let's hope it doesn't come to that!!

Reality Bites!

Why would you want to fly for the highest paying (best contract too?) regional when you could fly for a risky start-up? :)

A sobering dose of reality: Only ONE airline that has been founded since deregulation (in 1978) has ever become a major - AmericaWest. JetBlue looks like they might make it 2.

Good luck ACA/Indepence.

Latest resources

Back