• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good fedex rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UPS got 4 MD-11s from S.A., and JAL has 10. DAL has 15, do the math. Initial firm order for UPS was 13, no options have been taken. I do have an ear to that side of the biz. Not saying UPS won't, but any knowledge of that would be insider trading at this point, so I would not trust anyone who says more than what has been officially released. Anything else is strictly rumor.

At Delta we just had a large chief pilot/ checkairman meeting in Atlanta and the Head of Scheduling said we were PARKING the MD-11's in storage, not selling them to FedEx. Apparently we are interested in United's Pacific routes and maybe Heathrow if they are not too expensive, and the MD11's could eventually be used for some of those routes until we could get more CHEAP 777's.
There were many VP's at this meeting, including VP of flt ops, Scheduling, and the CFO.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

Profile,

Although I am sure that you know more than me or the D.o.
I only work there, and so does he. No matter how much you think you know, the number of md-11s remains at 19 firm.

If you would like I can give some management phone numbers so you can call them and tell them that their info is wrong.

profile said:
UPS got 4 MD-11s from S.A., and JAL has 10. DAL has 15, do the math. Initial firm order for UPS was 13, no options have been taken. I do have an ear to that side of the biz. Not saying UPS won't, but any knowledge of that would be insider trading at this point, so I would not trust anyone who says more than what has been officially released. Anything else is strictly rumor.

Then you are going to have to buy UAL. Take a close look at USAir, the creditors now own the assets, that you refer to, along with LGA & DCA slots/gates, and anything valuable( as part of their DIP financing). Unless Bankone or JP Morgan decides to put the asset up for sale(they can only fdo this if UAL misses one of the revenue progections required by the DIP and they sieze the asset) or Titlon can talk the BK judge into allowing him to sell it, the asset stays with UAL. The only way to aquire both or any of UAL's assets, is to do like AA did with TWA and even then the creditor with the DIP need to get pay back. They also have right of first refusal so the asset can't be had for rock bottom prices.

In today's enviroment I would not be looking for any of UAL's asset's until they have gone through Ch11, because any asset is going to have to come with employees and lot's of them.

Sorry,I just read the title of the post, no more not FedEx talk.

Heard an ugly rumor from a Brown guy the other day, something about the new and potential new slots into Hong Kong consolidating some of the West-Pacific lines and actually reducing aircraft/pilot requirements. Not sure if it has anything to do with MD-11s. He actually used the F-word, and the only F-word us pilots don't like ends in "ough." Any other UPS guys in the loop on this? Maybe only a small number, but any number above 0 would still suck.

Late word from training folks who know here at FDX is that there will probably be a January new hire class of between 6 or 12. Stranger things have happened, but I very much doubt that is a prelude to furloughs.

A couple of brown guys I talked to say they think the furlough talk is just a negotiating tool... They also said their managers are flying their tails off and there's a ton of open time. Of course that may have just been due to peak.

One would think that if UPS just had a few less fleet types they could become a little more efficient with the pilot group.

Do they need
727's, DC8's, A300's 757's(with P&W and R&R motors)/767's, MD11's and 747's. Whose the genius in fleet planning?

Latest resources

Back