Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA/FO said:
GO BLUE!!!! (Where is my backup?)

He's probably still pinned at the 25 watching Vince Young run past him. :)

Actually one of the best college games from both teams I've seen in a long time. Best thing was the thundering silence from Berkeley, CA after the California "Woulda, shoulda, coulda" Golden cubs got clobbered by Texas Tech in Holiday Bowl, a team Texas beat 51-21.

I'd say Hook 'em, but we already did, 38-37!!!

In regards to the thread, the next 2 weeks will determine everything for USAirways.

Red

dlredline said:
Apparently not in the Rose Bowl.

The University of Texas - 38
Michigan Rules - 37

The only thing Texas has is a quaterback who can run. Without Young Texas is an AVERAGE college football team. One player team

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
The only thing Texas has is a quaterback who can run. Without Young Texas is an AVERAGE college football team. One player team

Guess it only takes one Longhorn to beat a Michigan team. 38-37.

dlredline said:
Guess it only takes one Longhorn to beat a Michigan team. 38-37.

Yep,,,Texas is lucky enough to have one of those (once in a coaches career) players that can carry the entire team on his shoulders and win the game. Young will be good in the NFL as that is the new phenom,,,a fairly good quarterback who can run the ball even better. College ball hasnt adjusted to that yet,,, hence the Michigan loss. However,,,not having followed Texas I WILL after young is gone to see how their program recovers. No need to track Michigans program after any given player leaves. Their 115 year history as THEE MOST WINNINGEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM ON THE PLANET speaks for itself.

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
. . not having followed Texas I WILL after young is gone to see how their program recovers. No need to track michigans program after any given player leaves. Their 115 year history as THE MOST WINNINGEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM ON THE PLANET speaks for itself.

Can't argue with that. Along with Texas (3rd on all time win list), Michigan sports a rich past, their 38-37 Rose bowl loss notwithstanding. And I think Texas will recover fine, thank you. Vince Young is only a sophomore.

Here's hoping it's not another 100 years before these storied programs meet again. Truly a great game on both sides.

Red
38-37

WillowRunVortex said:
Yep,,,Texas is lucky enough to have one of those (once in a coaches career) players that can carry the entire team on his shoulders and win the game. Young will be good in the NFL as that is the new phenom,,,a fairly good quarterback who can run the ball even better. College ball hasnt adjusted to that yet,,, hence the Michigan loss. However,,,not having followed Texas I WILL after young is gone to see how their program recovers. No need to track Michigans program after any given player leaves. Their 115 year history as THEE MOST WINNINGEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM ON THE PLANET speaks for itself.

As Jim Rome says, "one word.....scoreboard!".

Had to fly into AUS today. It was painful. Saw lots of orange and white rosebowl shirts. Next time!!!

SWA/FO said:
Had to fly into AUS today. It was painful. Saw lots of orange and white rosebowl shirts. Next time!!!

Throw in a cowboy hat and boots and that pretty much sums up Austin 365 days a year, the women too.

canyonblue said:
Throw in a cowboy hat and boots and that pretty much sums up Austin 365 days a year, the women too.

Austin's full of dope smokin' hippies.

Latest resources

Back