• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Soon this thread will say either GAME OVER! or MOVE ON!

If FLOPS closes the doors and non union employees lose their jobs--well tough luck- they can get other jobs outside this unstable aviation industry.
We the professionals of the aviation industry will continue to raise the bar end crappy flying jobs one by one.

CONTRACT or CLOSE the DOORS!

Amen

If FLOPS closes the doors and non union employees lose their jobs--well tough luck- they can get other jobs outside this unstable aviation industry.
We the professionals of the aviation industry will continue to raise the bar end crappy flying jobs one by one.

Amen My Brother

Pilots are not the only professionals and I assume you agree with NJW's statement below.

If management is bad, bringing a union onto the property ain't gonna help. You might as well go to NJ now, because it's not going to get any better, even with a contract.

Once again, why don't you take command of your own career and be done with it?

Admittedly, I didn't think much about bailing out of where I was for the first two union layoffs until they happened. Then, after the second one the common denominator was the union both times. Third time, I was more careful, and chose a carrier that I felt was stable without a union.

Maybe it was more luck than anything else, but I can sit back in a non-union carrier and enjoy bantering with you guys because I don't have the turmoil you have. Why? Correct choice of employer and I took my career into my own hands. Nobody speaks for me or my career.

If you want to fly for a union fractional, it's clear that over the long term you want to go to NJ.

If you want to fly for a non-union fractional, it's clear you should be at CS.

Why would you continue creating turmoil at FLOPS when it's clear, it's not going to improve for years, if ever?

Hear! Hear! With safety in numbers it is easier for the unionized pilots to speak up first. Once they raise the bar improvements follow for the non-unionized crews and non-pilots. This is a reality that we've all seen in the very recent pass. Because of the NJA 2005 contract CS pilots got a raise and the NJ FAs saw improvements in their contract. I think the support workers in CMH also got a raise. (I don't know any of that group so I don't follow them as closely, but with the company making record profits surely they're paid the going rate.) This month, with the 2007 IBB contract pulling the bar up, the CS pilots got another raise, as well. Currently the Options pilots are far behind and their calls for parity are fully justified.

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS

RAISE THE BAR TO THE INDUSTRY STANDARD AND GIVE PILOT EXPLOITATION THE BOOT

Shhhhhh!

Your tone of your more recent posts show your fear. I and 500 other pilots have no more fear. If your non union employees get caught in the crossfire-well sorry about casualties. I would rather make sure that the crappy jobs in aviation are put on the endangered list. I applaud the heroics of the brave men and women that helped end Eastern airlines. The sound you really hear is the doors of FLOPS closing soon.

GAME OVER!

Oh, I guess because pilots are the only professionals in aviation. Go on, keep stroking yourself...

Oh, I guess because pilots are the only professionals in aviation. Go on, keep stroking yourself...

We are the only "Professionals" that chose to take a stand against you and B19 and the like (All FLOPS management). The other professionals have chosen not to take a stand. THis is America and we do have that right. So when the new contract is signed, take your pay raise and STFU.

*sigh*

We are the only "Professionals" that chose to take a stand against you and B19 and the like (All FLOPS management). The other professionals have chosen not to take a stand. THis is America and we do have that right. So when the new contract is signed, take your pay raise and STFU.

Which again proves that the only thing pro union folks are looking for is more money. There may be talk of "health care" "domicile" and other things, but they, like ALL others who have organised have one lazy thing in mind. $

And yes, I guess I'll have to take a pay raise if I get it. But it will be a shame that this money was squeezed out by low, immature means that threaten the stability of the paycheck rather than something that was honestly rewarded.

Latest resources

Back