Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Tranny bidding SW Captain prior to 2015?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just wish you'd post a video you say you have Lear. Bc right now, what Swa pilots know is that GK has always said he'd get rid of the 717's when he could. Turns out to be sooner than later.
Can you tell us the three things that need relief?

I just wish you'd post a video you say you have Lear. Bc right now, what Swa pilots know is that GK has always said he'd get rid of the 717's when he could. Turns out to be sooner than later.

Ask Lear to post the case law he mentioned. I am not surprised that he cannot post it. If there was case law I am sure PCL would have mentioned it after Lear ran his mouth. Lear70 was a trouble maker and will always be a trouble maker. Remember, you can take the animal out of the jungle but you cannot take the jungle out of the animal.

Dan, aren't you simply afraid swa will buy Hawaiian? And like PCL years before, you also don't believe your pilots would do well in an acquisition situation?
Isn't that the deal- you've put your eggs in a niche carrier that is a takeover target and don't like the leverage you have in that situation....
I mean that's it, right? You want more than the leverage you have would give.
I don't think any Hawaiian plot is worried about Southwest buying us. And if by some small chance this did happen, your "winning the lottery" BS wouldn't work with us. We have a great lifestyle, a great culture, and a great contract.

Can't change the seniority list, so it will have to be money.
But it was never about the money. You also need to listen to wasn't said with GK. I have my doubts he stated without a doubt the 717's would stay on property UNTIL each of there leases expired. $500,000 loss of income for an AAI CA and you guys want that...LMFAO.

I don't think any Hawaiian plot is worried about Southwest buying us. And if by some small chance this did happen, your "winning the lottery" BS wouldn't work with us. We have a great lifestyle, a great culture, and a great contract.

Really.
Them...We are going to operate you separately!
Us.......OK!

Like I said, the chances of SWA wanting to operate a relatively small long haul A330 operation in the Pacific seems pretty remote to me.

I didn't say I had it personally. I specifically said AirTran ALPA has it and Legal advised the MEC not to release it. Therefore neither I nor anyone else outside ALPA tech people who recorded it and ALPA legal have it but you can ask other AirTran pilots who attended road shows where our tech guy was recording it...

It's not a secret and as I said, you won't find AirTran pilots who attended a road show who will say they heard anything about the 717 going away early and the question came up almost every road show.

That said, I know what you are being told and the facts simply don't support it. You don't get the deal we had with pages and pages built around an aircraft if we knew it wasn't sticking around. It's simply wouldn't have happened and, deep down, everyone realizes that simple truth whether they want to admit it or not.

I simply want Southwest to make it right with our pilots and move down the road making money for everyone. No animosity, no anger, just the desire for Southwest to fix the situation they created.

Oh yeah almost forgot. Three items:

You can't take pilots awarded 717 TBA SWA positions ahead of pilots awarded 737 SWA in the transition per the flush bid. Next year only 717's are leaving. No 737's. That means they will have to take 737 pilots to SWA, and then train 717 pilots on the 737 AT AIRTRAN. Then they train again at SWA a year or so later. Double training is expensive.

2nd, the SIA call for the establishment of a new 717 domicile before the transition is done. So they have to open a base and then close it as the 717's go do Delta. That's millions of dollars as well.

Can anyone guess the third? Pop quiz on SLI languange...

Last edited:
Can anyone guess the third? Pop quiz on SLI languange...

Doesn't really matter. Based on our record of lacking any balls, why wouldn't Gary just ignore it and tell us to "fly it and grieve it?"

Doesn't really matter. Based on our record of lacking any balls, why wouldn't Gary just ignore it and tell us to "fly it and grieve it?"
Well that's one way to look at it... lol

In this case however, if they ignored the biggest ticket item, pulling pilots out of order per the flush bid over to Southwest, you'd end up with every pilot senior to them grieving the loss of pay. That's Millions of dollars,,, and if the MEC didn't fight that fight for the pilot group, they'd likely get sued for DFR so they're going to have to fix it.

The big question is, will the MEC continue to hold the line and make sure we get something of EQUAL or BETTER value for giving them relief on that... Only time will tell.

I could think of an argument or two that SWA management could use to claim that they didn't need to renegotiate the flush bid after the loss of the 717s. An arbitrator could buy one of those arguments. Granted, those arguments would be disingenuous and in bad faith, but I expect nothing less from them at this point.

Latest resources

Back