FltOptions may buy XOjet? Really?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Webslinger

Not trying to Flame...just curious. Talked to a couple of FltOption guys today and they were saying the latest "rumor" in their companies Crackberries is that FltOptions and XO are/will eventually merge?? Really? Thats a new on for me. WTF? This Options Captain said its "nothing new"..old news he said. Hope everyone is well and keeps their jobs..good luck.

We're adding CX's, but I've not heard that rumor recycled lately.

Fleet & pilot numbers are both down nearly 50% since 2003 - currently 300 active pilots, another 200 on furlough... so where's the money to bankroll this rumor coming from? Or is this gonna be another 2002 'RTA-esque we-have-one-year-to-secure-financing' move (aka: the kr shuffle)?

Last edited:
Fleet & pilot numbers are both down nearly 50% since 2003 - currently 300 active pilots, another 200 on furlough... so where's the money to bankroll this rumor coming from? Or is this gonna be another 2002 'RTA-esque we-have-one-year-to-secure-financing' move (aka: the kr shuffle)?

Exactly, where is the funding going to come from??? A bank loan in this economy, doubtful.

If there is any truth at all to this, which I doubt. I would say it is the other way around, XO taking over Flops.

Exactly, where is the funding going to come from??? A bank loan in this economy, doubtful.

If there is any truth at all to this, which I doubt. I would say it is the other way around, XO taking over Flops.

Yea because it makes a lot of sence for a non-union company to acquire an union one.:laugh:

One word Scope!

Yea because it makes a lot of sence for a non-union company to acquire an union one.:laugh:

One word Scope!

I'm not sure how a merger would make a difference. If XO Jet is based in Arizona, that's a right to work state, so no one is required to be in the union. If they did merge and moved everything to AZ, would that negate any scope issues? I honestly don't know and would like to.

I'm not sure how a merger would make a difference. If XO Jet is based in Arizona, that's a right to work state, so no one is required to be in the union. If they did merge and moved everything to AZ, would that negate any scope issues? I honestly don't know and would like to.

XOJet is based in northern California (bay area) and Sacramento, so you don't have to worry :)

Latest resources

Back