• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Phenom overrun

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good news for them is that it happened at a small Minneapolis airport, on a ferry leg. It's almost like nobody cares, CNN, ABC, nobody said anything about it....most of their owners will never know anything about it

Had this happened at LAX or SFO and they close down a runway for that, then it'd be a freaking media circus

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the braking problems that the 100 had carried over to the 300 with respect to the anti-skid system not cycling correctly.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the braking problems that the 100 had carried over to the 300 with respect to the anti-skid system not cycling correctly.

Different system, the 300 didn't see the same issues as the 100, though there were some early brake software updates for different issues. It has a great carbon brake system, though, that can usually stop on a dime even on damp or wet runways. Snow/icy runways are a different story - it's then that you miss TRs.

This story made all the local news, with photo and video posted. Hard to tell from the pictures if they went off the end of 10L or 10R. 10L at 3900' is within company SOP, but doesn't leave much margin, especially if damp asphalt. Hope they used 10R.

The FAA incident site is listing this as an accident, with substantial damage. Sad to see, it hurts our industry when this happens to any operator. Just glad on one was hurt. Note to self, though, if this ever happens to me: stay in the plane till the news trucks are gone. Pics of both pilots made the news stories.

Blue,

I'm with you and hope they used the longer runway. I see large biz jets landing on 27R in OAK all the time when 27L is so close, and 700' feet longer. I try to minimize things I'd have to explain if things went wrong, and the additional taxi time is negligible.

This is obviously an open and closed case. Pilot fatigue due to money hungry greedy management pukes stuffing their pockets full of cash while abusing the outdated rest requirements under the 135 umbrella. Pure greed running rampant and unabated. We rock, our business is up 170% over last year and we have managed to shut down two other fractionals this year alone. Yippee, now get back to work and fly your five legs a day for half of what reputable players are paying with ten hours off and no retirement.

This is obviously an open and closed case. Pilot fatigue due to money hungry greedy management pukes stuffing their pockets full of cash while abusing the outdated rest requirements under the 135 umbrella. Pure greed running rampant and unabated. We rock, our business is up 170% over last year and we have managed to shut down two other fractionals this year alone. Yippee, now get back to work and fly your five legs a day for half of what reputable players are paying with ten hours off and no retirement.

You don't have retirement?

GEE thanks Union Negotiator Guy!

Latest resources

Back