Flexjet Union Drive Continues...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cosmotheassman said:
If no one at Flex wants a union then why did we pass the 2/3 vote? Interesting!

It would appear to me that if this was in fact true, then the line would be buzzing about it. Other than what you just posted, that is a first for me to hear that.

R.H. doesn't have a clue how happy we are. He wrote that attrition was zero. Wait till this fall. Hey Rick can you hear the union coming. No your blinded by a temporary slow down in attrition. Your blind by all the suck ups who backed you up on your thread.Speaking of them you people made most of the flex crews sick to their stomachs. Training, keep up the good work, pretty soon you will have ibt to answer to. Happy gawd its so fun around here we can't stand it.

walshsfly said:
full pay to the last day mentality

Well, I wish you luck with the "Will fly for food" mentality.
You are management's wet dream. You should be proud. :rolleyes:

el raton said:
Training, keep up the good work, pretty soon you will have ibt to answer to.

If you stink as a pilot, then why should any company want to keep you? Better yet, ask yourself, do you want to fly into hard IFR into the mountains with someone who should not even be driving a car? From what I have heard from people who were and have flown with those who have been tossed, I would not want my family in the same state when they were flying.

No one, not even your IBT, should be allowed to keep someone's job that is that bad. And no, I will not go into details as to what was mentioned.

Having been with someone in the sim that washed out, I am thankful that training is doing the job they are doing. It is pretty bad when you are in the sim and the guy scares you enough that you want to get out as fast as you can.

Last edited:
What is even more sad is the fact that Flex made the most recent washout a stans captain. Are you going to tell me he all of a sudden became that bad? What a joke that process is!! Half of the standards captains shouldnt have that position. The other half are like cookie boy and do it to boost egos. They just make me laugh. We have 1 or 2 fo's that should have been let go a long time ago, but for some reason they are still here. So who knows what the criteria are.

I don't have "will fly for food mentality" that’s why I got out of the airlines, and those were pay rates negotiated by a union. I also saw good pilots washed out in training by the unions input because the pilot wasn't the unions wet dream, and yet they kept pilots that should have been let go, and they almost kill people.

Whether there is a union or not you’re screwed it’s just by who becomes the question, and I would rather not have to pay for it.

In regards to training washing out pilots on purpose get your facts straight, and that’s not what the pilot says or the company says, because that is only a small part of what happened either way. If you want to know what really happened, sit in the sim with them on there ride, that’s the only way you will ever know the whole truth about it. So no one on here can make really make a comment about it, can you?

If this union is so good, and our life would be so much better with them, and they wan't to be here so bad, then why don't they offer no dues for the first five years. Then after that dues would only be .0005%, otherwise it looks like they are only going after us for the money. Which is the only thing they wan't after all. Just remember unions and managment only want one thing out of employees, Profit.

walshsfly said:
I don't have "will fly for food mentality" that’s why I got out of the airlines, and those were pay rates negotiated by a union. I also saw good pilots washed out in training by the unions input because the pilot wasn't the unions wet dream, and yet they kept pilots that should have been let go, and they almost kill people.

Whether there is a union or not you’re screwed it’s just by who becomes the question, and I would rather not have to pay for it.

In regards to training washing out pilots on purpose get your facts straight, and that’s not what the pilot says or the company says, because that is only a small part of what happened either way. If you want to know what really happened, sit in the sim with them on there ride, that’s the only way you will ever know the whole truth about it. So no one on here can make really make a comment about it, can you?

If this union is so good, and our life would be so much better with them, and they wan't to be here so bad, then why don't they offer no dues for the first five years. Then after that dues would only be .0005%, otherwise it looks like they are only going after us for the money. Which is the only thing they wan't after all. Just remember unions and managment only want one thing out of employees, Profit.

Are you a member of a gym? Do they give you free dues for 5 years then 5 dollars a month? Answer:NO Hey ding dong, It takes money to run an organization,nothing in life is free,didn't someone in your life teach you that. The reason your pay scale sucked at your last job,is not because the UNION set the rates,its because guys like you and others that did not stand up and demand better pay and benefits. By the way it cost me about 550 a year to get a six figure salary. I'm no rocket surgeon,but that is a pretty good return on my money.

If the Teamsters are so smart, then why don't they start their own fractional? Or trucker line? Or any business? That's because in their "business", they don't have to know anything about business, or anything worthwhile. What a scam.

They won't, of course, because the Teamsters are nothing but a parasite organization that feeds off the blood ($) of companies and the employees they represent, promising a "better life" and "protection" to one side, while trying to assume the duties of the other side.

Call me a "company man" all you want. My paycheck says "Bombardier" on it, not "James Hoffa, Jr."

If you don't like it, here's your invitation to not let the door hit your fat @$$ on the way out.

XPDriver, you don't even work here, so STFU.

My general experience is that it is better to have a union and someone protecting your interests than to not have a union where you have no recourse over reckless or seeminly impulsive management decisions. It's like having insurance - you don't think you need it until something happens to you... Then you are thankful.

That's just my opinion...

Cautious Belly said:
If the Teamsters are so smart, then why don't they start their own fractional? Or trucker line? Or any business? That's because in their "business", they don't have to know anything about business, or anything worthwhile. What a scam.

They won't, of course, because the Teamsters are nothing but a parasite organization that feeds off the blood ($) of companies and the employees they represent, promising a "better life" and "protection" to one side, while trying to assume the duties of the other side.

Call me a "company man" all you want. My paycheck says "Bombardier" on it, not "James Hoffa, Jr."

If you don't like it, here's your invitation to not let the door hit your fat @$$ on the way out.

XPDriver, you don't even work here, so STFU.
Can you answer this honestly? Would you rather make what we make at Flex, or make what NJA makes and get their schedule.

Latest resources

Back