Flexjet Union Drive Continues...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WALSHSFLY,
You said "and those were pay rates negotiated by a union." I have to say sir that the union is only as good as the pilot group and there unity.

The united pilot group at NJA made it happen. Please understand the people we are flying are not the same people that fly on South West. They have gardners that they pay more then you. They will never go back to the airlines. They will pay the pilots for there worth if you stand up for yourself and demand your worth like we did.

I'm going to make over $110,000 here at NJA and I have only 4.5 years here. Now I don't want to hear that I'm running the company into the ground like the airlines because that isn't the case with these people. NJA is hiring 30 pilots a month, buying new Airplanes and still making a profit. These people have the money and so does NJA. The only question is that how much will go to your pocket or to your management's pocket. Have a backbone and educate yourself.

Flexjet Union Drive, Flexjet Union Drive...

what is this Flexjet Union Drive you speak of? :confused:

"Hope is the denial of reality."
- Anonymous

vixin said:
Look at the stooges on the board now. If they werent stooges before they become ones pretty quick. The CAB is a joke.

Well, then, we're done for. What makes you think they're going to be a lot better as union stooges than as a CAB stooges?

I lived through the 7&2, mac&cheese, cdl, layoffs, coming into the office while the 45 was down, the special purchase of the beloved pbs, the nazi, all of it and I still love this job. I don't want it to go away, and I'm happy here.

Cautious Belly said:
Well, then, we're done for. What makes you think they're going to be a lot better as union stooges than as a CAB stooges?

I dont think that. I do think that the pilots would at least have a contract that they could enforce. Rest rules that the company would have to abide by without consequences to the pilots and FA.

hhhmmmm

Well, it seems Cautious Belly is trying to double up his post total on this one thread.

Cautious Belly said:
What makes you think they're going to be a lot better as union stooges than as a CAB stooges?

It's called a CONTRACT you Idiot! Something we don't have now.

Don't you just love the: "may be waved down with FODM approval" verbiage we have now. In essence, Your held accountable for all things in the FOM. If they think you broke a rule.... You CAN get CANNED. They just change the rules as they see fit. There are memos floating around flight ops with changes we don't even know about. Voice mail might come out a week later...then in a couple of months, we get another blue sheet. How many Blue sheets have we gotten that actually help our QOL?

For your information: ROLLING REST is a reality here! We need to do something about it!

Later.

Nice

vixin said:
What is even more sad is the fact that Flex made the most recent washout a stans captain. Are you going to tell me he all of a sudden became that bad? What a joke that process is!! Half of the standards captains shouldnt have that position. The other half are like cookie boy and do it to boost egos. They just make me laugh. We have 1 or 2 fo's that should have been let go a long time ago, but for some reason they are still here. So who knows what the criteria are.

You bring up a good point. But, what you have to realize is that F.T. does not take into account Flying ability or past experience when selecting Standard Captains. (A 60 guy told me that he selected a 3 month captain in the fleet, who has little or no previous captain experience. He told me that there are lots of 60 guys who could only laugh at the selection) He selects the biggest A$$ kissers or people he thinks he can manipulate to go into those positions. (BrokeBackMalc...)
If you have a backbone, or try to stand up for what is right, he doesn't want any part of you. Every once in a while a good one slips through and gets selected. Can't win 'em all, fred.

hammer2 said:
I lived through the 7&2, mac&cheese, cdl, layoffs, coming into the office while the 45 was down, the special purchase of the beloved pbs, the nazi, all of it and I still love this job. I don't want it to go away, and I'm happy here.

What's cdl?

FraxJockey said:
........Fact is that in the 5+ years I have been here I haven't received a card yet.....I don't have to prove anything, the fact that there is no union here proves my point and when that changes I'll gladly admit that I was wrong.

Frax, I civilly suggest that you, and other like-minded Flex pilots, are part of the problem. If you were handing out the cards instead of standing around waiting to be handed a card, I dare say the situation would look far more promising to you. At its basic level--the one that makes a real difference--a union is simply a group of co-workers standing up together to demand change and fair treatment. The potential has always been there, Flex pilots just haven't been exercising their right to organize. It would appear that too many of you have expected others to do the work for you. Why not try being part of the solution for a change? The more of you who organize and fight for fair wages together the quicker your victory/contract will arrive. The NJA pilots turned their careers around and are now heading in the right direction. Flt Options pilots have begun the process. Flex pilots can, too. My encouragement and regard to those willing to work for the change you deserve/have earned. NJW

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE TREATED/COMPENSATED ACCORDINGLY

A RISING TIDE LIFTS ALL BOATS, BUT SOME PADDLING WILL BE REQUIRED

STANDING UP FOR YOURSELVES WILL RAISE YOUR WAGES AND YOUR MORALE

Latest resources

Back