FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Decision's Made

Now I know my vote will be 'no' when that time comes.

Why would anyone that has the opportunity to decide on the conditions of their work rules make a definite decision so early?

The terms of fences haven't been negotiated yet.
The pilot seniority list integration hasn't been negotiated yet.
The application to the NMB for a single carrier determination hasn't been filed yet.
The company's final departmental and aircraft realignment haven't been determined.

Yet, some individuals have already decided on their "vote" prior to seeing everything that will be on the table.

Does that make sense?

Yes some people are anti union based on principle alone. But I do find it odd that no pro union flex pilots are on here banging the drums and saying "finally now is our chance!" It just seems like nobody is excited about the idea. I know some pilots who have been pro union in the past but they are just not pro union when it comes to options and the 1108. I literally don't know of one person who has said they are looking forward to voting yes. I think it has been implied that if we vote no and the union is pushed out, we can somewhat remain separate. That option is much more appealing. Either way it turns out is a risk for us. Your 100+ on furlough is obviously an issue, we don't want our guys to lose jobs. We have no idea what the options MEC has in mind for that.

I think it has been implied that if we vote no and the union is pushed out, we can somewhat remain separate. That option is much more appealing. .

Can you expand on this statement .
Where has this been coming from ? Flex/ Flight Options management? Yammer?

You do realize that it was not the Flight Options pilots who are pushing for this integration and that is Kenn himself that wants it. The union is only negotiating how the process will be handled to protect the interests of the Flight options pilots. It was Kenn's decision and the union is reacting to it. We have no say in the business decision.

Yes Club, you are right about there not being any Flex pilots talking about the union because they live in an environment of intimidation.

You are absolutely a nut case and need treatment! Delusional schizophrenic or whatever you are? Flexjet has been brought down to near catastrophic conditions many times and we have come out of it. Why? the crews were united and Bombardier listened. We could of brought the house down many times, but we worked it out. Yeah, it was brutal at times, but changes were made and we did it without a union. What does that say?
You have the opportunity to make your store front the greatest in the industry. I understand the negative work culture you lived under and that will go away. Give the new leadership a chance. If the house of cards are threatened to come down again, we can work it out together.

Look, I will tell you this, Ricci doesn't run Flexjet, get a handle on that. We can bring the house down pretty quickly if things go the other way. We have been down that road many times. DW and JW are your best friends. Too bad you cant talk to em.
There is no intimidation. It's your call.
Until then it"s business as usual.

Why would anyone that has the opportunity to decide on the conditions of their work rules make a definite decision so early?

The terms of fences haven't been negotiated yet.
The pilot seniority list integration hasn't been negotiated yet.
The application to the NMB for a single carrier determination hasn't been filed yet.
The company's final departmental and aircraft realignment haven't been determined.

Yet, some individuals have already decided on their "vote" prior to seeing everything that will be on the table.

Does that make sense?

Geez...it seems all the pro union people already have decided...and trying to get everyone else to agree with them...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back