• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would anyone that has the opportunity to decide on the conditions of their work rules make a definite decision so early?

The terms of fences haven't been negotiated yet.
The pilot seniority list integration hasn't been negotiated yet.
The application to the NMB for a single carrier determination hasn't been filed yet.
The company's final departmental and aircraft realignment haven't been determined.

Yet, some individuals have already decided on their "vote" prior to seeing everything that will be on the table.

Does that make sense?

If you want our support, sell us on something else besides 'fear'. You're asking me to turn on a company that's been good to me for 12+ years. After the sale most of our management is still intact. While I can't stand the DO, he's a known quantity and doesn't warrant a union drive.

You're also asking us to join you....but I'm sorry, flight options is known as the ********************hole of the fractional industry which you and your management are responsible for that reputation.

You guys have to let this play out. You keep your teamsters and we'll stay as is. Pray that it never comes to a vote. The teamsters will be booted out, and you'll be forced to accept out pathetic pay and qol.

Why is that funny? You DO have new leadership. Leadership that has led Flex to be the premiere fractional. I know what the response will be, but the facts are that DW and JW are the ones steering both ships.

Can you expand on this statement .
Where has this been coming from ? Flex/ Flight Options management? Yammer?

You do realize that it was not the Flight Options pilots who are pushing for this integration and that is Kenn himself that wants it. The union is only negotiating how the process will be handled to protect the interests of the Flight options pilots. It was Kenn's decision and the union is reacting to it. We have no say in the business decision.

Well I guess I can't expand on that too much. Certainly nobody has for sure we will stay 100% separate, but on the other hand nobody has told us it would be a full merger. Our management has just said that they would "like" to stay separate. Do our own hiring, that sort of thing.

If only the union can force a single carrier ruling, why do it? What's the benefit to the options union and pilots?

"Pilots are key to our success," Ricci told AIN. ?We?re not asking for pay cuts, and we?ve tried to preserve salaries. Normally, we?d try to delay a single operating system, but we want [it], the sooner the better. But it could be bad for the union, since they might not have enough votes.?

It doesn't matter who is running what, this is from the owner of the whole thing. I love the part "we've tried to preserve salaries" admittedly I don't know what he is saying here, but he is the only one that has the ability to keep things in place, not "tried"

Last edited:
Why is that funny? You DO have new leadership. Leadership that has led Flex to be the premiere fractional. I know what the response will be, but the facts are that DW and JW are the ones steering both ships.

They just run operations dude. They don't get to make any of the big decisions.

I remember when we came over from Travel air. They initially put our Chief Pilot in charge. We also liked and respected him because he stood up for us.

Guess how long he lasted.

So...If we have new leadership, why have we not heard anything about this? DW or JW whoever they are have not sent 1 message to the Options pilot group. If I became in charge of a whole new set of pilots, operations, etc.. I sure would send out an email, phone call, etc... to introduce myself to the people that don't know me.

Oh......I figured it out.....It's because the Union Yammer blocked us....That's right.
I guess DW and JW aren't familiar with something called email and Microsoft outlook which has a feature to send an email to a group, a group called "all flightoptions pilots"

So...If we have new leadership, why have we not heard anything about this? DW or JW whoever they are have not sent 1 message to the Options pilot group. If I became in charge of a whole new set of pilots, operations, etc.. I sure would send out an email, phone call, etc... to introduce myself to the people that don't know me.

Oh......I figured it out.....It's because the Union Yammer blocked us....That's right.
I guess DW and JW aren't familiar with something called email and Microsoft outlook which has a feature to send an email to a group, a group called "all flightoptions pilots"

You sure are a smarta$$, aren't you? Knowing DW and the rest of the leadership there at the Waterview, I'm confident they'd contact you guys directly if they were allowed to do so. We have open access to them anytime we wish.

Management Communications Restricted

You sure are a smarta$$, aren't you? Knowing DW and the rest of the leadership there at the Waterview, I'm confident they'd contact you guys directly if they were allowed to do so. We have open access to them anytime we wish.

Is there something in the Flight Options CBA that states company management can't communicate with the pilot group?

Management (DAC and every party under the umbrella) has always freely communicated to it's pilots. Plenty of examples exist.

Why is there a belief that some restriction exists?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back