FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unions - the truth

Let me let you in on a little know business fact. Depending upon the union and the contract (this is the big item), many business owners like unions. They will never, ever, ever, ever, ever admit it to anyone other than their most trusted aides. Unions give management a certain amount of predictability, stability and rules ? and predictability and stability is extremely important in preparing for the future (just like government regulation ? whether good and bad as long as it is stable and predictable it can be dealt with). Most of the animosity, rhetoric, etc. is to set the stage for negotiations and then the next negotiation. Don?t get me wrong ? they don?t love unions ? but they are not as hated as thought. Add to this that many union officials and negotiators want to display and enhance the animosity and hatred, because then when they get you something it really looks like they ?earned it? for you and that helps perpetuate their existence. So company wins, unions negotiators/officials win, and the losers in this charade are ???

(All of this assumes it is not a very adversarial relationship between management and the union, threats of physical violence, etc. I am not talking about that level).

They may not like unions but they like a lot of the rules that govern unions, like the RLA.
Back when NJA's salaries were a joke, management could pretend to be sympathetic as things dragged on and said: "sure wish I could pay what you're worth, but I can't; my hands are tied"

Hey Options pilots, can you tell Mr. Engine Plug that unless invited, stay out of our training center and stop leaving IBT's propaganda as well.

Hey Options pilots, can you tell Mr. Engine Plug that unless invited, stay out of our training center and stop leaving IBT's propaganda as well.

You may want to check that. It ain't IBT...

You may want to check that. It ain't IBT...

Agreed (except for the IBT part). Like someone on Yammer said, it's a bit intrusive and assumes we want to be one company. I assure you, that is not the general concern consensus among the pilot group.

Please explain this further?? Is he coming over the Bombardier side of Simu and trying to push his and his merry band of idiot followers in-house joke a union on you guys.

Engine Plug is far from the IBT, he is all for himself and nobody else. Remember these guys that are "steering" do not even want to run the in-house. So think about that. They want away from the IBT, they will not step up and do anything to benefit our current union. Instead they throw a big division down the pilot group with their belief of an in-house union that will have what ever power Ricci decides. If the in-house even lasts as long as to be able to walk into the office of Ricci.

Please explain this further?? Is he coming over the Bombardier side of Simu and trying to push his and his merry band of idiot followers in-house joke a union on you guys.

Engine Plug is far from the IBT, he is all for himself and nobody else. Remember these guys that are "steering" do not even want to run the in-house. So think about that. They want away from the IBT, they will not step up and do anything to benefit our current union. Instead they throw a big division down the pilot group with their belief of an in-house union that will have what ever power Ricci decides. If the in-house even lasts as long as to be able to walk into the office of Ricci.

That's exactly what happened, apparently. Hopefully he's on Flight Info and gets the message the loud and clear.

Hopefully, someone from Flexjet will stop the visits...

That's exactly what happened, apparently. Hopefully he's on Flight Info and gets the message the loud and clear.

He gets it, but it doesn't matter to him. He won't stop until someone from Bombardier confronts him, and perhaps not even then. He's that arrogant and knows no shame.

Latest resources

Back