• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your "uncle" is the devil ya"ll (that's you all for you union goobers) say he is and attempts to violate our agreement, he will have a union. And I'm betting that won't happen.
Cheers, WL

Back in 01 when Travel Air merged with Flight Options a lot of us had similar thoughts about how we would handle things. Here is how it played out for us.

2001- merger, union drive, pilots fail to elect union.
2004- new union organizing campaign began.
2006- union voted in.
2010- First CBA ratified.

At the end of the day we wasted nine years, because we were to naive to understand that we would be taken advantage of.

No man, no. This time its gonna be different. We trust uncle to take care of us because he has since grown a conscience and is sympathetic to the sacrifices made by the worker bees. phsyche!

993 Pilot, Ludicrous, etc
Thanks for the update onShane123. He is not, however, the only union goober who paints KR + management as devils, etc. I’ve had the opportunity to speak with 3 Flops crew members over the past month, and not one of them had much good to say about your union…just saying. I worked at Flex for a long time as an “at will” employee and have no problem with that status. We now have a legal contract with the new "Flex” which I didn’t expect, but it was offered to us as a jester of good will and, I suspect, an inducement not to vote in an union(it covers most all aspects a good union contract would cover). To me, that’s just a smart business move on KR’s part. I’m not anti-union per se, but anyone can see what happens to companies(usually deserving a union because of poor management) that become unionized. Work ethic, attitudes, competitiveness, etc start going down when the ink dries. I don’t want this Faustian arrangement unless it’s forced on us by Flops management. We work hard most of the time at Flex, and I expect to do the same at New Flex. KR doesn’t strike me as being stupid from what I’ve seen so far, so I will stick to my bet. You guys haven’t made your case to me for a union. And your cute remark about a 5th stripe or whatever, I’ll donate it to you and yours. My preferred costume is a classy branded knit shirt and dockers.
Cheers,
WL19

We now have a legal contract with the new "Flex? which I didn?t expect, but it was offered to us as a jester of good will and, I suspect, an inducement not to vote in an union(it covers most all aspects a good union contract would cover).

Exactly who is going to in-force this legal contract, if and when they change something or do something against it?

There's a lot of flops management on here and don't think KR doesn't read this board if a union was so bad for the pilot group and they can't negotiate good pay and bennies. Why is KR so against it?

There's a lot of flops management on here and don't think KR doesn't read this board if a union was so bad for the pilot group and they can't negotiate good pay and bennies. Why is KR so against it?

shanes123,
Let me pose this question. If you owned your own business, would you want your employees to unionize? Would you welcome that? ....and you may not answer with some BS like if I owned a company they would not need a union cause I am such a great human being.

Let's pretend: your employees are beating the drums for a union for whatever reason. Would you standby and welcome that?

I'll tell you why you wouldn't and why Mr. Ricci doesn't. With a union, you lose control of your company.

We now have a legal contract with the new "Flex? which I didn?t expect, but it was offered to us as a jester of good will

"Jester" of good will, that's actually pretty funny, since it's more accurate than the word you intended to use (gesture). Kenn's the jester, and the joke's on you guys.

No scope. No representation. You can be terminated at any time with or without cause. Yikes. At least it does protect your pay.

Your "contract" was written by Kenn's lawyers, without any input or negotiation by you, and forced upon you with a gun to your head. (Sign this, or lose your seniority number, which is everything in the aviation industry).

I can't blame you for signing it, I would have done the same thing in your shoes under the same threat.

However this ends up working out, my hope is that we the combined pilot group can achieve a CBA with both good pay AND some meaningful protections. At this point I don't see any way to get that unless we are a union shop.

Squawk you do not lose control of a company with a union. Lol. That's comical. And yes I would be fine with my employees unionizing if that's what they felt was the best fit for them and I would work side by side with there represention for the best deal for them and my company. Fairly, honestly, and in good faith. Something ricci has no clue about. But read his book. He will tell a different story. All lies

The correct title should be management by fear. You are a very trusting soul. I got some nice swamp land for sale maybe I could interest you in. I will sell it to you for a good price PM me I tell you where to mail the cash.

Latest resources

Back